Help With ROM Manager (Droid X)

shooterbrah

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a rooted Droid X and I am trying to install a new ROM. However, when I try to install a new ROM from within the ROM manager it just reboots my phone and nothing else happens. I have also tried to just boot into recovery mode and that also just reboots my phone.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Savagerun

Reaction score
You'll first need to run droid 2 bootstrap for rom manager to work. What rom are you trying to install and what is your system version? Go in settings > about phone > and see what your system version is. Im assuming your on gingerbread either 4.5.602 or 4.5.605. You can just use Droid 2 bootstrap on it's own to make a Nandroid backup and install a rom. I don't really bother much with rom manager myself. Droid 2 bootstrap works excellent on gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

shooterbrah

Reaction score
The system version is 4.5.605. I will look into using bootstrap. I am trying to install liquid shadow

Savagerun

Reaction score
The system version is 4.5.605. I will look into using bootstrap. I am trying to install liquid shadow

Yes just get droid 2 bootstrap then i would recommend making a Nandroid backup of your rooted stock 605 before installing liquid . To make a Nandroid backup using Droid 2 bootstrap just open the bootstrap app and press bootstrap recovery then when it says success press ok then press reboot recovery. Once in recovery scroll down to backup and restore with your volume button and select it with your camera button. Then you'll get more options and just select backup and it will take about 5 minutes or so for the backup to complete then select reboot system. After that you can install liquid.

OP
S

shooterbrah

Reaction score
You'll first need to run droid 2 bootstrap for rom manager to work. What rom are you trying to install and what is your system version? Go in settings > about phone > and see what your system version is. Im assuming your on gingerbread either 4.5.602 or 4.5.605. You can just use Droid 2 bootstrap on it's own to make a Nandroid backup and install a rom. I don't really bother much with rom manager myself. Droid 2 bootstrap works excellent on gingerbread.

This worked perfectly. Thank you very much for the help!