Market ROM Manager APP

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey I'm running My phone Rooted with Petes stock 2.1 and CyanogenMod Kernel. I'm new to this it's my first root and I downloaded the Free version of Rom Manager. I wanted to learn how to use it before i purchase it.

If' im already running a kernel and rom and phone rooted how can i switch to a new ROM from the list? Can someone write a quick FAQ of steps required on how to make this happen without bricking my phone. Thank you.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Well your probably running installs through SPRecovery and ROM Manager runs them through Clockwork Recovery. If you dload ROM Manager open the application and the first thing you will have to do is install CLockwork Recovery by hitting the clockwork recovery button. It will show a progress bar and let you know what version you are running when installed. Since you only have the free version the only rom you will beable to download I believe is the CYANOGEN rom. The paid version of ROM manager will open up a list of many other roms for you to try and is well worth the money. Anyway if you want to install Cyanogen install the latest 5.0.6.2. First create a backup by selecting backup my rom then you just need to touch the download rom button then touch the cyanogen button next select the cyanogen rom version you wish to download. MOST IMPORTANTLY when prompted select install google apps if you do not you will not have any google apps installed on our phone including the market place. Once you do all this it will dload the rom and reboot your phone into Clockwork where the rom will be installed. Once finished Clockwork reboots your phone and viola your done! Its that easy with rom manager. Again the paid version rocks it has overclocking kernels, the baseband radio update, many many roms, and lots of themes to lay over cyanogens rom all installable with the press of a button!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're running a non-stock ROM, then you already know how to swap ROMs. Just do a backup before you flash to the new one, and dont delete /data. You wont brick your phone.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Well your probably running installs through SPRecovery and ROM Manager runs them through Clockwork Recovery. If you dload ROM Manager open the application and the first thing you will have to do is install CLockwork Recovery by hitting the clockwork recovery button. It will show a progress bar and let you know what version you are running when installed. Since you only have the free version the only rom you will beable to download I believe is the CYANOGEN rom. The paid version of ROM manager will open up a list of many other roms for you to try and is well worth the money. Anyway if you want to install Cyanogen install the latest 5.0.6.2. First create a backup by selecting backup my rom then you just need to touch the download rom button then touch the cyanogen button next select the cyanogen rom version you wish to download. MOST IMPORTANTLY when prompted select install google apps if you do not you will not have any google apps installed on our phone including the market place. Once you do all this it will dload the rom and reboot your phone into Clockwork where the rom will be installed. Once finished Clockwork reboots your phone and viola your done! Its that easy with rom manager. Again the paid version rocks it has overclocking kernels, the baseband radio update, many many roms, and lots of themes to lay over cyanogens rom all installable with the press of a button!

Wow that easy? So it doesn't matter which rom i have installed all i need to do is download the one i want and the software does everything for me including rebooting like you listed above? So i can download a new rom anytime i want to try a new one without having to uninstall the current one first? Just simply do the back up first just incase and then download a way ?

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
If you're running a non-stock ROM, then you already know how to swap ROMs. Just do a backup before you flash to the new one, and dont delete /data. You wont brick your phone.

Thanks! Much Appreciated..

Also does anyone know which is the best stable ROM and coolest looking? What ROMs do you guys prefer and why? Also I can continue to use my SETCPU with any ROM right the main thing for SETCPU is the KERNEL right? so it allows me to over clock?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, that easy. The software pretty much takes care of all of it for you. You cannot, however, run two ROMs side by side. You can backup the first and install the second to try it.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Yep, that easy. The software pretty much takes care of all of it for you. You cannot, however, run two ROMs side by side. You can backup the first and install the second to try it.

I don't need to run 2 roms side by side. But in I download a new rom and install it will it just replace my current one and I don't need anyhthing? Or do I some how have to uninstall the current rom so there are not 2 roms installed or will this not be possible and I have nothing to worry about?

Thanks.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's no uninstall, the new ROM will overwrite the old one.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
ROM Manager will ask you if you want to backup your current rom when you try to install a new one as well. Also it asks if you want to perform a wipe of data and cache, I highly recommend this when switching between rom types i.e. cyanogen to bugless beast and vice versa but staying within the same rom i.e. cyan 5.0.5.7 to cyan 5.0.6.2 will not require a wipe at all! Good luck have fun!

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
ROM Manager will ask you if you want to backup your current rom when you try to install a new one as well. Also it asks if you want to perform a wipe of data and cache, I highly recommend this when switching between rom types i.e. cyanogen to bugless beast and vice versa but staying within the same rom i.e. cyan 5.0.5.7 to cyan 5.0.6.2 will not require a wipe at all! Good luck have fun!

Thank you so much for your help guys! Love being part of such a friendly community. ;)