Rom manager

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for reboot. Any file manager app should access that folder since its on your sd instead of a system file. Is there also a ROM Manager folder on your sd? I don't use it either.

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just checked and its just a clockworkmod folder. Try Androzip to delete the nandroid backup there. Has always worked for me. Let me know though.
Mike, I dunno about all that :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

nornevrder

Reaction score
I have never had a problem deleting my backups using astro or root explorer. Weird. The only thing I use rom manager for is to flash clockwork if something goes goofy. Other than that I rename them in astro aswell.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Same here. I flashed CW ONLY to wipe my battery stats for my extended battery. Am now back on SPRecovery :)

I have never had a problem deleting my backups using astro or root explorer. Weird. The only thing I use rom manager for is to flash clockwork if something goes goofy. Other than that I rename them in astro aswell.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidForums Junkie!!

ddavidadams

Reaction score
I did reboot and the folders still exist. They are in the /clockwork/backup on the sd card. I have tried other file managers with no success but I haven't tried Androzip or, as I said, installing the sd in a computer. I plan on doing that tomorrow but I think I will try Androzip tonight. I guess since the folders are empty they are a big deal since they are using little room on my sd but it's the principle.

ddavidadams

Reaction score
I am still have not found any way to delete the reference to three RM backup folders. The folders are empty and I was able to move them to another folder on the card so they aren't showing up in RM under my backups. I even went so far as to remove the sd card from the phone and plug it into a card reader atteched to my PC. Windows will not remove them and shows some garbage in each folder. So I am backing up the sd card and then I am going to reformat the card and then reinstall the files from the backup minus the folders in question. Oh well, live and learn.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What three folders are you referring to? I believe that RM/CW use the ClockWorkMd folder to store backups made via CW and downloads of roms and themes via RM. Since RM does allow you to flash SPR it creates the recovery-0-99.3.img folder.

Mike

ddavidadams

Reaction score
I am referring to the three folders in sd/clockwork/backup that were old backups I made using RM. As I said earlier I have been following the Cyanogen Nightlies and making backups along the way. After a few days I delete the oldest ones. I had three that would not delete.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I believe that ClockWorkMod (the parent folder) has two subfolders, backup and download. I believe you should be able to delete files from either without any issues. Of course, you need to keep at least one good backup in the backup folder.

I'm not a user of RM/CW so I'm unable to advise what created or why you are not able to delete the three files. Sorry!

Let us know if you figure a way to delete.

Mike

ddavidadams

Reaction score
I finally had to resort to formatting the sd card from windows with it plugged into a USB card reader. I tried the format command in recovery but it left the folders on the card. I really do not know what happened and I would like to find out.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, that's weird. I've always been able to just delete the backups in a file manager. I don't make backups with ROM Manager though, I make them in recovery.

DroidForums Junkie!!

ddavidadams

Reaction score
I agree. I predume some files in the folders got corrupted and were screwing with the file managers. I will try the IRC when I have some time. Thanks for everyones input.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's why we're here :)
Let us know what you find out though, if you don't mind.

I agree. I predume some files in the folders got corrupted and were screwing with the file managers. I will try the IRC when I have some time. Thanks for everyones input.

DroidForums Junkie!!