Good Practices

mbarr69

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! I have tried a search for "Good Practices" but found nothing. Can anyone point me to a thread or write down some suggestions for keeping your Droid running its best? This would be helpful for rooted and non-rooted users. Is there a difference in how you should manage your device rooted or not? I know if you are rooted and changing ROMs it's good practice to make nandroid backups. Any other tips and/or suggestions would be great.

I'm currently running;

Phone Info
Rooted 2.2 Frg01B
MOD/ROM Version- Sapphire-1.0.0-Droid
Kernel Version- 2.6.32.9-sapphire audicken@helium #1
Baseband Version- C_0143.01P
Over clocked- 1Ghz

Apps
TOOLS
Advanced Task Manager 1.7
Astro 2.5.2
Blink 1.7
CPU Benchmark 1.7.1
Launcher Pro 0.7.5.1
My Backup 2.5.1
Quadrant Standard 1.1.1
ROM Manager 2.0.1.7
Wireless Tether 2.0.2

Going through my list of apps I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the Amazon Mp3 app?

searayman

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! I have tried a search for "Good Practices" but found nothing. Can anyone point me to a thread or write down some suggestions for keeping your Droid running its best? This would be helpful for rooted and non-rooted users. Is there a difference in how you should manage your device rooted or not? I know if you are rooted and changing ROMs it's good practice to make nandroid backups. Any other tips and/or suggestions would be great.

I'm currently running;

Phone Info
Rooted 2.2 Frg01B
MOD/ROM Version- Sapphire-1.0.0-Droid
Kernel Version- 2.6.32.9-sapphire audicken@helium #1
Baseband Version- C_0143.01P
Over clocked- 1Ghz

Apps
TOOLS
Advanced Task Manager 1.7
Astro 2.5.2
Blink 1.7
CPU Benchmark 1.7.1
Launcher Pro 0.7.5.1
My Backup 2.5.1
Quadrant Standard 1.1.1
ROM Manager 2.0.1.7
Wireless Tether 2.0.2

Going through my list of apps I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of the Amazon Mp3 app?

I believe there is away to get rid of amazonmp3 if you are rooted, I know BB has built in scripts but there should be away via terminal to delete it if your just plain rooted

harrellj

Reaction score
Alternatively, Titanium Backup should be able to uninstaall it (back it up first just in case).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

eliassami5

Reaction score
if you are running sapphire go into your app drawer and click on Dev tools, scroll down and click on terminal emulator, type in "su" (no quotations), it will ask you for superuser permission, check the remember box and allow, type in "rmapk amazon", that should remove it. If you ever want to get it back just install it from the market.

OP
M

mbarr69

Reaction score
if you are running sapphire go into your app drawer and click on Dev tools, scroll down and click on terminal emulator, type in "su" (no quotations), it will ask you for superuser permission, check the remember box and allow, type in "rmapk amazon", that should remove it. If you ever want to get it back just install it from the market.

Awesome! Thnx I'll give it a try.

OP
M

mbarr69

Reaction score

No Worky. I went into term emu and typed; su selected allow super user permissions and then typed; rmapk amazon(with no ") I rebooted and still see the app in my apps list. Any other suggestions?

OP
M

mbarr69

Reaction score

No Worky. I went into term emu and typed; su selected allow super user permissions and then typed; rmapk amazon(with no ") I rebooted and still see the app in my apps list. Any other suggestions?

Figured it out. It's just mp3 not amazon.:)

eliassami5

Reaction score