[ROM]Googlicious - Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakth

Reaction score
Greetings, I am currently putting together a rom which will contain just the basic google applications such as talk, maps and search. The rom will be free of all the VZW bloat. Please let me know what basic applications you think should be included.

[Reserved for further details]

OP
zakth

zakth

Reaction score
The supercharger script should be "baked" in.

With the Supercharger script being hit-or-miss for some, and with the number of possible settings for it I think it's a little too early to bake that in. But I will look into adding everything needed to apply those settings easily from the get-go.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just take the settings from the script and incorporate it. It makes a world of a difference. Also increasing the read write speeds to the SD card. Like what SD Increase does....to 2048....that makes a big difference as well.

bighomey103

Reaction score
Include maps, gallery, music 3.0.1,and talk. Will this rom be based off gingerbread or froyo?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Don't have the DX2 but I will wish you good luck sir!! :icon_ banana:

MarshallCS

Reaction score
I think that only the things that cannot be downloaded from the market should be included. Stuff like the car dock and multimedia dock should be added in.

I would love if we can get facebook to be a normal account again so I can sync pictures of existing contacts that don't have pictures without addidng all of the contacts.

I think it would be great too if you could add in the enhanced versions of the mms app from cyanogen.

Strangely enough, I like the blur version of the dialer, but I would have no problem with it being the asop version or preferably the enhanced one from cyanogen.

Thanks for all of your hard work. I can't wait to have as minimal of a rom as I possibly can.

OP
zakth

zakth

Reaction score
Thank you all for the great suggestions. I will most definitively include all of the google apps that the majority of people use daily. Will include recovery also since it's something I think we need. Instead of baking in the SuperCharger I'm going to include the app and the latest version of the script along with the SD Speed app so that people can decide what settings they wish to use. Really busy at work this week but hope to have something up for you guys to test by the end of this week.

bighomey103

Reaction score
Please Please do not include the dumb ass car dock in less it can be uninstalled.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you cook uber music into it? That app is awesome...and free. By creator of Launcher Pro.

OP
zakth

zakth

Reaction score
Can you cook uber music into it? That app is awesome...and free. By creator of Launcher Pro.

I think perhaps a good idea would be to make a website to go with this rom that allows you to select the additional apps (other than the google ones) to add into the rom and then allow you to download the rom with the extra goodies you want? thoughts?

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

I think perhaps a good idea would be to make a website to go with this rom that allows you to select the additional apps (other than the google ones) to add into the rom and then allow you to download the rom with the extra goodies you want? thoughts?

That Sounds Fantastic To Me. Giving Us The Control To Pick And Choose What We Want. That Really Should Be A Basic Thing When It Comes To ROMs If You Ask Me. Start With The Baseline Then Let The User Choose What He/She Wants.

Terri M

Reaction score
Include maps, gallery, music 3.0.1,and talk. Will this rom be based off gingerbread or froyo?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Please use the Gallery app that is in the DROIDX. To me, this was the best gallery app of all.

Sent from my Droid X² using DroidForums

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you all for the great suggestions. I will most definitively include all of the google apps that the majority of people use daily. Will include recovery also since it's something I think we need. Instead of baking in the SuperCharger I'm going to include the app and the latest version of the script along with the SD Speed app so that people can decide what settings they wish to use. Really busy at work this week but hope to have something up for you guys to test by the end of this week.
If the rom can run init.d scripts, you can just put the script in /system/xbin and call it something short like V6.
Then in terminal emulator, the user would type:

su
bash V6

I decided to use the script in conjunction with script manager because SM can run scripts on boot - which magically makes the script usable and easy for those on stock roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.