[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

Reaction score
Ptree, the "poor internet etiquette" would include your large and colorful fonts, bad spelling and punctuation, and obnoxious animations in every other post. Sticking with the default font size and color (black), and using proper spelling and punctuation (perhaps with the occasional use, but not overuse, of popular acronyms like LOL), makes it much easier for other forum members to read your posts. It also makes it possible for you to highlight something really important with a different color or font size, at your discretion. Remember the story of the boy who cried WOLF!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm happy this rom is coming along. Can't wait to try it! Prob this weekend
Ptree, i think etiquette may be the wrong word. It really is hard to understand you sometimes. I'm sure you have a lot to contribute on these forums. Sometimes I just skip over your posts though, just because I can't understand half of the content! No offense meant though!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

PTREE818

Reaction score
Yes Hello I wanna apologize agn this time to ming the destroyer for playing w/ or crying wolf . Not sure how I was crying wolf but there will def b no more crying. As for pics and font size I have notified Droidforums head C.E.O. Jeff Franklin and he says he will work on removing all Smilies Font size and color as soon as possible and most likely by the end of this month

PTREE818

Reaction score
Pos +

:greendroid:Yes Hello on a positive mark here are some pics of my new rom w/ LP + !:reddroid: Sent From :
Swift Cyanogonized R2D2 !

"Man Who Stand On Toilet High On Pot"

jmpx55x

Reaction score
Ill be flashing this rom as soon as the mic gets fixed. Hopefully that will be by tomarrow.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

PTREE818

Reaction score
Found More Options

Yes Hello , am super stoked w/ this thing I found more stuff to mess w. I like this cause from what I can tell is almost completely customizable! Here are some more pics!

pshaw92

Reaction score
Accelerometers are not working also

twitchyone

Reaction score
best bet is to keep up with the rootzwiki link in first post, which looks like RevNumbers got the mic to work recently dancedroid

cobjones

Reaction score
best bet is to keep up with the rootzwiki link in first post, which looks like RevNumbers got the mic to work recently dancedroid

I'll give it a week and I bet it will be ready to go for mass adoption.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a new build this AM!

revnumbers said:
EDIT:
OK guys... i modified the build6 .zip to take out the two lines I mentioned above, added the libaudio mic fix, overwrote the qwerty keyboard files with droid2 counterparts, and used the sensors from sholes....
wiped data, cache, and dalvik... manually formatted /system (to make sure everything was gone) flashed it, and I've got working mic audio, working accelerometer, and working keyboard with the right mappings... I'm uploading the zip to mediafire and will post the link when it finishes

Confirmed by Terryrook:

terryrook said:
My in call mic works! You crazy ****erf*****s did it! I'm so happy I'm gonna throat punch my wifes cat! Thanks again for making this happen!

(I think he's kidding about the cat... ;))

Mediafire: jbird_build_6-r4.zip

Multi-upload: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

You have to SBF back to Froyo and re-root, then install this ROM if you're on a Gingerbread ROM. And, note that if you're coming from a previous D2 CM7 build, terryrook said it worked to install this build from CW directly in that case.

Sounds like you have to sbf back to froyo to install, If you're on a GB rom.

Details:

We have:
- mic
- speakerphone
- BT
- accelerometer
- camera
- GPS
- Charging via wall outlet
- Gapps all work (including Market) when installed after ROM install
- Camcorder preview
- Video playback (from SD card/Youtube, etc.)
- Physical keyboard mapping (except maybe alt-lock)

We don't have:
- USB mount/USB charging
- Camcorder record/save
- aGPS
- Light sensor
- Torch (integrated open-source flashlight app)

Last edited:

Cstryon

Reaction score
So does anyone have a list of working stuff, and/or not working? I'm really considering taking the plunge...

Oops, post before mine has
a list... Disregard my post :/
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it's necessary to sbf? I read that sbf is the supported way, but you could wipe and format on your own and still flash this beast of a rom

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8