JBirdVegas

JBirdVegas

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
HAPPY late FATHERS DAY!!!

ok build 8 is up: Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

#TODO
-Usb.apk still isn't being included in from source builds ??? odd as line 122 in https://github.com/JBirdVegas/androi...read/droid2.mk says it should be -for now I pushed to build 8
-haptic feedback - MetiCkOne I know you uploaded the fix I just can't find it sorry
-STUPID "T-CDMA 64" is still there modding eri.xml will fix from update.zip format but not from source yet ... what am I not reading right https://github.com/JBirdVegas/androi...es/xml/eri.xml
-LiveWallpapers
-Torch fix that doesn't involve modding Torch.apk as modding apks to fit devices isn't CM style appropriate -may have to use symlink instead *I'm going to bed I'll test that theory tomorrow
-keymapping still doesn't have alt-lock working
-aGPS? is this still an issue *I'll test tomorrow

that is all I can think of right now

ugh I'm sure there is more but this build is very usable

mcneilmoe

Reaction score
HAPPY late FATHERS DAY!!!

ok build 8 is up: Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

#TODO
-Usb.apk still isn't being included in from source builds ??? odd as line 122 in https://github.com/JBirdVegas/androi...read/droid2.mk says it should be -for now I pushed to build 8
-haptic feedback - MetiCkOne I know you uploaded the fix I just can't find it sorry
-STUPID "T-CDMA 64" is still there modding eri.xml will fix from update.zip format but not from source yet ... what am I not reading right https://github.com/JBirdVegas/androi...es/xml/eri.xml
-LiveWallpapers
-Torch fix that doesn't involve modding Torch.apk as modding apks to fit devices isn't CM style appropriate -may have to use symlink instead *I'm going to bed I'll test that theory tomorrow
-keymapping still doesn't have alt-lock working
-aGPS? is this still an issue *I'll test tomorrow

that is all I can think of right now

ugh I'm sure there is more but this build is very usable
You're my inspiration !! lol

droid doctor

Reaction score
So lets say im on ZS right now in order to flash this I would have to sbf?

Yes, you do...

Anyone running ANY Gingerbread based ROM (basically any current custom rom) needs to SBF back to stock froyo before you can flash the CM4D2 builds...
Reason:
the 2nd init stuff that cvpcs was able to use to get us CM currently only works on the froyo kernel... but once you flash the CM4D2 builds you'll be running CM7.1 (gingerbread 2.3.4)

So I sbf reroot and flash this rom ?

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Yep, I also did a wipe/format from clockwork after the sbf and root. Don't know if it was necessary but it worked for me.
Also you should go and download the gapps pack as there are no google apps packaged with the rom and you can't sync to your gmail account without them

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

pls3399

Reaction score
Ok... so I have sbf'd back to froyo and re rooted but every time I try installing v7 or v8 I get:

E:failed to seek in /cache/update.zip (Invalid argument)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry if this is a noobish question

Nevermind I fixed it

Last edited:

jmpx55x

Reaction score
Yeah I've had my battery drop insanely, but I think that has to do with the resyncing of the apps from google.

Insidious

Reaction score
Whoa im having a major brainfart. Can I flash this if im running the TBH gingebread leak? And how can I go about flashing this because its a little different from most ROMs?

jmpx55x

Reaction score
Whoa im having a major brainfart. Can I flash this if im running the TBH gingebread leak? And how can I go about flashing this because its a little different from most ROMs?

You have to sbf then, after that reroot, and then flash it just like a regular rom

jmpx55x

Reaction score
Anyway to get a larger touchscreen keyboard?