[ROM] [ROM-AOSP] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [NIGHTLIES]

K1ick

Reaction score
The 05/13 and 05/14 nightlies have correctly working GPS. i did notice the gps issue on 05/11 but did not bother to mention it because 05/13 was already out.

and the battery meter is funky. it does drop pretty hard at a couple spots. it drops from 14% to 4% on me in like 10min..... but it will stay on 2% for about 15min then another 10-15min on 1%.

also it drops dead when the charge is below. 1%.. there is no auto shutdown. i hope i am not overdischarging my phone because of this

All right thanks for the info, I didn't realize there was a new version.. for some reason they aren't showing up as available updates on my phone so I just downloaded them.

And ya I'm hoping that the batter meter gets fixed soon, otherwise this ROM is pretty stable.

MoonScar119

Reaction score
All right thanks for the info, I didn't realize there was a new version.. for some reason they aren't showing up as available updates on my phone so I just downloaded them.

And ya I'm hoping that the batter meter gets fixed soon, otherwise this ROM is pretty stable.
make sure you have it set to download all versions with nightlies

drp5069

Reaction score
4g still does not work for me..when i change the preferred network, my phone freezes. I've always does a clean wipe of the rom slot and reinstalled the rom, same problem, even on the stock

louspinuso

Reaction score
Congratulations Hash and Co. You've all done a fine job with this build.

One thing that I am having trouble with, and I hope you will all indulge me on this one, I don't get any notification sounds for text messages. Don't know why. It was working and then I listened to music through Bluetooth and it stopped working (or damn close to that time). Here's the thing though. I've cleared the rom slot and reinstalled RC-2. No notification. I've downloaded and installed the latest nightly (5/13). No notification. I "factory reset" my phone (from within CM) and went through the whole process of setting it up as if it were a new phone again and still, no notification. I can get sound. I've tried multiple notification sounds, just in case there is a problem with the one I'm selecting. I've tried the built-in messaging app and Handcent SMS, but still no notifications. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a setting (other than Notification volume) that I might be missing?

At this point, I'm willing to try just about anything cause I know it was working but now, not so much!

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

colton22

Reaction score
Quick question. First off thank you devs!!! AOSP helper for Juice Defender...

When I first started to play around this with it kept throwing an error saying /data/system/packages.xml Access Denied Error and stopped installation of AOSP helper. I have since then changed permissions to 777 just to test... installation started, force rebooted and it said it failed. When I checked the log, it gave me the same error so I browsed to the file, and it was back to rw- rw- ---.
I then changed the permissions back, changed ownership from 1000 - system to 0-root in hopes this may prevent the permissions automatically being changed... No success.. on reboot, ownership and chmod has been reset.. any reason why? I also tried using Fix Permission within recovery (safe-strap 3.11) and it did nothing even after repeating the above steps... I would love to use this application due to the ability to change between 4G/3G/2G signals... On ICS i have a battery life of 26 hours with medium usage...

Any help is greatly appreciated and Also great work devs!

Droid 4, 5/14 nightly.

colton22

Reaction score
make sure you have it set to download all versions with nightlies

When I updated to 5/14 Nightly using the cmupdater it defaulted back to check weekly and stable only...?

EDITED:

Also +1 for the battery status integer as mine was at 14% and dropped to 10/7/4 within 3 minutes... I was soo confused lol.

Congratulations Hash and Co. You've all done a fine job with this build.

One thing that I am having trouble with, and I hope you will all indulge me on this one, I don't get any notification sounds for text messages. Don't know why. It was working and then I listened to music through Bluetooth and it stopped working (or damn close to that time). Here's the thing though. I've cleared the rom slot and reinstalled RC-2. No notification. I've downloaded and installed the latest nightly (5/13). No notification. I "factory reset" my phone (from within CM) and went through the whole process of setting it up as if it were a new phone again and still, no notification. I can get sound. I've tried multiple notification sounds, just in case there is a problem with the one I'm selecting. I've tried the built-in messaging app and Handcent SMS, but still no notifications. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't a setting (other than Notification volume) that I might be missing?

At this point, I'm willing to try just about anything cause I know it was working but now, not so much!

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Quiet hours? I dont see any other settings that will mess with the audio like that... Also I do believe you already noticed however ringer volume vs notification. idk what else to tell you bud.

Last edited:

LondonDroid

Reaction score
If I make a call to an automated service - eg 'press 1 or sales, press 2 for support' etc there is a problem when using speakerphone since the automated service does not seem to think I have selected an option after I press eg 1 or 2. Anyone else have this?

louspinuso

Reaction score
Quiet hours? I dont see any other settings that will mess with the audio like that... Also I do believe you already noticed however ringer volume vs notification. idk what else to tell you bud.

Checked, that's off. Actually, right after I posted that question, notifications started sounding again, for a few hours, and then they stopped. Then they seemed to start again but it was pretty random when I received them. Anyway, ill keep digging around

Cstryon

Reaction score
Is anyone getting random reboots on the latest nightly.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

louspinuso

Reaction score
Ok, so after a day of not making any changes to the phone, it appears that my notifications are, again, notifying.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have a recommendation on a notification reminder app? I was using handcent when all this started, which has builtin reminders, but I un installed that and am wondering if I can just get away with using a reminder app.

Anyone?

Technix2002

Reaction score
Maybe this is the wrong place to discuss this, but I figured more people would see it. Does anyone else have issues with Voice Dialer in Jelly Bean (CM10.1)? Mine won't even pull up now, but when I got it working it would not recognise dialing by names... Anyways, to make a long thing short: trying to get stock VSuite.apk from JB 98.72.18 to work... Just FCs instantly when I try to launch it, any ideas?

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Maybe this is the wrong place to discuss this, but I figured more people would see it. Does anyone else have issues with Voice Dialer in Jelly Bean (CM10.1)? Mine won't even pull up now, but when I got it working it would not recognise dialing by names... Anyways, to make a long thing short: trying to get stock VSuite.apk from JB 98.72.18 to work... Just FCs instantly when I try to launch it, any ideas?

The Verizon app most likely requires a lot of the Blur framework which isn't present in CM. It probably won't work at all.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

colton22

Reaction score
Running the 5/18 build. Looking great, everything I have used seems functional. I did get a 'system not responding, wait, close' prompt on boot but i was also trying to use the phone right away after the UI loaded. Also anyone else having issues with random freezes? Happened to me a lot on recent builds where I would reply to a message, press the lock button and later go to use it - I would have to hard reset...
Any thoughts on the AOSP Helper for Juice defender? I got it working with 4.1 eclipse... I want 4.2 lol.

Thanks all!

MoonScar119

Reaction score
Ok, so after a day of not making any changes to the phone, it appears that my notifications are, again, notifying.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have a recommendation on a notification reminder app? I was using handcent when all this started, which has builtin reminders, but I un installed that and am wondering if I can just get away with using a reminder app.

Anyone?
i used to use "missed call" apps that would remind you of anything. missed calls, reminders, emails or any other app you wanted. most of them stopped working with froyo though. just check the play store for "missed call" and see what each app can do for you. also check the reviews to make sure they are still getting 4-5 stars and not 1's and 2's