roaming indicator flashing

scknoll123

Reaction score
I have aa d2g and I downloaded jrummys app Root tools to change my drop down from verizon wireless to my name and now all I get is roamig indecator is flashing. I rooted a long time ago but never flashed a from so I tried a factory reset and its still there. Need help

yummyDroid

Reaction score
i tried the same thing and had the same problem, the only way i could fix it was by restoring system with clockworkmod

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
S

scknoll123

Reaction score
Anyone have a idea how to get rid of the flashing roaming indicator light on the D2g. I tried using jrummy16 root tools to change my drop down notificationto my name now I'm stuck with a flashing icon. I have unrooted, factory reset nothing works. HELP its very annoying

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you make a backup when you rooted in clockwork? If so you can boot into clockwork and restore that backup. If you don't have one, maybe a factory reset is in order. Settings/privacy/factory reset.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to walk you through restoring a backup or a factory reset. Just let me know

chrisl20

Reaction score
:) I bet ur a pro now idopa.. ...I have been diggin trying to find why this wont work for d2gs, because I oh so badly want to change mine...looks like I found what im doin w my two days off starting tomorrow..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
:) I bet ur a pro now idopa.. ...I have been diggin trying to find why this wont work for d2gs, because I oh so badly want to change mine...looks like I found what im doin w my two days off starting tomorrow..

Whats up bro?! Yeah thanks to your help i've learned a lot. Haha. I decided to stay on liberty 2.0.1 and hold off on gb until it's a little more stable. Going to Florida tomorrow morning (Disney). Should be sweet.

OP
S

scknoll123

Reaction score
I'm happy to walk you through restoring a backup or a factory reset. Just let me know

My dumbass never did a backup I rooted when the xoom came out and totally forgot to. I have tried a factory reset twice and its still there mocking me.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's too bad. For the future that will be the 1st thing you do k? So is your phone functional? I don't quite understand what you are asking about. You said you tried using root tools to change the status bar text and now? If your phone has stopped working you can try flashing a rom in clockwork and hope this helps, plus any rom is waaaay better than stock. I'm running liberty and love it. If this is not possible and factory reset has done nothing, it's time to sbf to stock and start again fresh. If you need any help with this, i got you.

volsfan1965

Reaction score
I did the same thing but I made a backup and it got rid of it I do believe you will have to sbf or like Idopa said flash a new rom. the angel rom is awesome with the chaos theme its all blacked out I love it

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing but I made a backup and it got rid of it I do believe you will have to sbf or like Idopa said flash a new rom. the angel rom is awesome with the chaos theme its all blacked out I love it

Is that angel rom froyo or gb? I'm so caught up in this liberty thing I haven't had the opportunity to check out the new roms

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
If the op has a d2g he needs to really read up b4 flashing. Always do your homework, never flash a d2 rom on a d2g
Without the rommer. Look for the thread in the d2g roms section. And ALWAYS make a backup.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums