"Roaming Indicator" on newly flashed Ruby 1.1.1

jsan2727

Reaction score
Just flashed my dinc to Ruby 1.1.1 i have a "roaming indicator on" label at the top of the screen. anyone know how to get rid of this??

OP
J

jsan2727

Reaction score
Dial *228 option 2 and see if updating your PRL fixes it.

thanks, i did try that, but it goes into the new phone activation which doesnt have a number pad, its like it is set up for the d1 with a slide out keyboard.
i hope i am missing something obvious
i did try to back out to the phone dialer but it disappears

OP
J

jsan2727

Reaction score
Ok, evidently you have to do a long press on the menu key to bring up the keyboard.
I found the answer here.

However programming the roaming towers did not remove the message on my phone.

Any other ideas, thanks for your help

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Settings> Wireless & networks> turn data roaming off, and set the preferred networks to home only, it might fix it.

I'm thinking it may only be a warning that roaming is turned on, but that strikes me as odd.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Checking with the devs now. Hope to get an answer for you. Till then I would like he said before to a wipe and then fresh install, but make sure you go to the advanced option in recovery and also wipe the dalvik as well.

OP
J

jsan2727

Reaction score
Settings> Wireless & networks> turn data roaming off, and set the preferred networks to home only, it might fix it.

I'm thinking it may only be a warning that roaming is turned on, but that strikes me as odd.

tried this, nothing changed

Checking with the devs now. Hope to get an answer for you. Till then I would like he said before to a wipe and then fresh install, but make sure you go to the advanced option in recovery and also wipe the dalvik as well.

gonna give this a try..

thanks again for the help!

OP
J

jsan2727

Reaction score

Ok, i tried that and the roaming message is still there