Rezound restarting in the middle of the night on its own and getting stuck at 4g logo

shyronnie

Reaction score
Last night I woke up and my phones screen was on the 4G LTE startup. I let my dog out and when I came back in the room I saw a flash of light. I think it was the rings on the 4G screen. I then did a battery pull and it got stuck there again. I then did another battery pull and it stayed on the 4G LTE screen for 3 minutes before it went on to its normal business ( It did not dim the screen or have the rings going out). Has anyone ever had this happen to them? I was worried I was going to have to do a hard reset or something on it.

It happened again! Last night I woke up around 2 am. My phone was stuck at the 4g logo startup. I sat there hoping it would just boot up normal. I watched it restart itself 3 times before I took it out of the dock. It restarts and when it gets to the 4g logo it just sits there for 2-3 minutes and then restarts itself. Once I took it out of the dock I thought I would see if it would correct itself since it wasn't charging. I let it restart 2 more times and nothing. So I did a battery pull and waited 30 seconds to put it back in. That did it but I cannot have my phone restarting in the middle of the night and getting stuck like that. I use my phone as my alarm clock. Has anyone had this happen to them? What is wrong with my phone?

I have done a factory reset since it did it before. It seemed like since the incident first happened my gps was not working. I use it for running and it would never find a signal. I haven't updated google maps thinking that was it.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you in a spotty 4G area? Believe it or not network issues can cause behavior like this with the Rezound.

Snoking

Reaction score
Can you get to the phone dialer? Check the thread about boot loops. Do the *#*#4636#*#*, which will bring a screen. Choose phone info and scroll down and set network to CDMA AND LTE/4G. If you can not get to dialer, remove the sim card.

from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
Are you in a spotty 4G area? Believe it or not network issues can cause behavior like this with the Rezound.

No my 4G works great and normally I leave it on Wifi at home. These are the only times that I have had my phone just restart on its own.

OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
Can you get to the phone dialer? Check the thread about boot loops. Do the *#*#4637#*#*, which will bring a screen. Choose phone info and scroll down and set network to CDMA AND LTE/4G. If you can not get to dialer, remove the sim card.

from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

It's already set to CDMA EVDO / LTE - Auto. Its *#*#4636#*#*.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
In the 2 weeks I've had mine, it's only restarted on it's own once...and it was on wifi. With fastboot off it takes 5 minutes to restart. Not sure what is a normal boot up time but it's pretty slow. With fastboot on it takes 30 seconds but I have read that it is best to leave that off. My old DX was horrible at random restarts and 10-15 minute reboots....if this starts happening with the Rezound I'm going to go crazy!:blink:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's already set to CDMA EVDO / LTE - Auto. Its *#*#4636#*#*.

I will assume you are not rooted. If that is correct call vzw and do an exchange. Tell them you already did a factory reset and still experiencing issues. Since I had my rezound I dont think I have had a random reboot, except on rare occasion when I was running a rom. But that dont mean its what you did but could be the device is a bad device from stock.

Insidious

Reaction score
Wow, mine hasn't restarted at all. In fact, I've had zero problems with mine; with the exception of light bleed that all HTC phones have.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
I am not rooted. So its not normal. When I had my Bionic it would restart but I was actually using it at the time. I really don't want to have to send it back. I love my phone I just don't want it restarting in the middle of the night and getting stuck.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well you really wont have to just send it back. Vzw is good about doing replacements. They will send you the new one in the mail (it normally get there the next, unless its the weekend). Once you get it you will have a few days to test it (I normally make sure all is good before I send my old one back). If you are concerned about losing you place in apps use the app my backup pro. Other than that your contacts and everything else will be backed up with verizon's backup assistance.

OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
Thanks, if it happens again then I will send it in. It's just weird because I have never read anywhere of it happening to anyone. I did turn off fast boot after this happened. Hopefully it will not happen again.

kefler

Reaction score
Thanks, if it happens again then I will send it in. It's just weird because I have never read anywhere of it happening to anyone. I did turn off fast boot after this happened. Hopefully it will not happen again.

I just found this thread. Same exact thing happens to me. I use the dock and use the phone as my alarm. 2 times in the last 3 months I have woken up to see the frozen 4G logo on the screen.. Battery pull always has fixed it. It hasn't happened enough for me to do anything.

Besides I got my phone off ebay so I don't have a contract. But I also think that means I have no way to replace under warranty. :(

OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
I am glad to hear I am not the only one that this has happened to. Sounds exactly the same. My phone is in the dock, I use it for an alarm and it has happened twice in 3 months. I have now turned off fast boot and I am turning off wifi and mobile network at night to see if this does anything. I have a question for you. Do you use the dock app that comes on when you put it into the dock or another? I use dock clock and just this morning I was wondering it maybe that is it. When I first got it I used the default dock app that comes with the phone but the time was too small so I started using dock clock.

kefler

Reaction score
I am glad to hear I am not the only one that this has happened to. Sounds exactly the same. My phone is in the dock, I use it for an alarm and it has happened twice in 3 months. I have now turned off fast boot and I am turning off wifi and mobile network at night to see if this does anything. I have a question for you. Do you use the dock app that comes on when you put it into the dock or another? I use dock clock and just this morning I was wondering it maybe that is it. When I first got it I used the default dock app that comes with the phone but the time was too small so I started using dock clock.

Well this is good info. I am not using the stock clock/dock app. I use Nightstand Bold (love it) and I was wondering if it caused this. I also use AlarmDroid for alarms because it has music and incremental volume on the music. I still have fast boot on. I have done different combinations of wifi and mobile network and not seen any difference that I know of. I run in the 'high performance' power mode.

OP
shyronnie

shyronnie

Reaction score
Well this is good info. I am not using the stock clock/dock app. I use Nightstand Bold (love it) and I was wondering if it caused this. I also use AlarmDroid for alarms because it has music and incremental volume on the music. I still have fast boot on. I have done different combinations of wifi and mobile network and not seen any difference that I know of. I run in the 'high performance' power mode.

I also using the rnd dock station instead of the one from Verizon. I am using the default alarm and I am also using high performance power mode. Do you know what dates yours did this? Mine was March 13th and April 11th. Hopefully it will not happen again to use.