phone not rooted and stuck on white screen?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Today my phone randomly went from 4g LTE to 1x data speed, so I tried a restart and when the phone tried to restart it just goes to the white screen that says HTC and sits there forever. I've pulled the battery, pulled the sim card, nothing works. I am at a loss for what to do since pretty much my life is on my phone. Need some suggestions please!

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Thats the problem. It doesn't matter what I do. there is no dialer screen. There is no way to press #$@&#%@*@^ or any other menu keys. It goes to turn on and only does the bright white HTC screen. It will not go anywhere further than that. If I press the power button and hold the down key you can select bootloader but when it runs the bootloader screen there are two apparent programs that it says are missing or not found. Any button I press either makes the phone shut down completely, go into the white screen, or just hang in whatever it is doing.

pbickel

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem. Nobody at the store could figure it out but I went home and found the only way to get past it was to:
1. Pull the battery
2. Insert battery
3. Boot into bootloader
4. Hard factory reset phone from bootloader

This was all that worked for me.

Sent from my HTC REZOUND using Droid Forums

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Are you booting it with the sim card removed?

I've done it with both SIM card in and removed as well as with back cover on and off.. I've even tried it plugged in, but that apparently doesn't work.

I'm so upset right now I could throw this dam thing against a wall. On my OG ALL PHOTOS taken were stored to the SD card. Apparently on this phone all my photos are on the actual phone memory, which means I think I lost EVERYTHING. I'm so FU#%$ING pissed right now. I loved this phone too...

Last edited:
OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Verizon is sending me a new phone. The guy at the corporate store suggested I try and DL the original software from HTC onto a memory card and see if the bootloader screen will find the software on the card so that the missing software might be able to be restored. I had to laugh because he was just like "I would try and root the thing while you are waiting for the replacement"