Help with white screen of death

deebee

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I could really use some help with my Rezound. I have an unmodded (stock) phone. When I went to take it with me in morning there was nothing but a white screen with the HTC logo. About an hour after that the phone battery died. Plugged it in and the charge light would come on and then would go off after 10 seconds. I tried pulling the battery and letting it sit for a while then trying it again and it would only boot to the white screen. I took the phone to Verizon and they tried the reset method with the power button and the volume down simultaneously and still the white screen. They gave me a loaner phone till my refurb gets here,but if there is a way to salvage it I would be grateful. I have important things on the internal memory I would like to retrieve. I'm guessing that any procedure would wipe it clean. I didnt realize that certain things were on the internal memory until I placed the SD card into the loaner phone and could only access pictures, also none of my contacts downloaded from my gmail account. I had the phone set to send things to the card and to sync everyday because I add/delete phone numbers alot. Verizon wasn't much help, but they at least tried for two hours with different people and tech support. I really like this phone and could use some advice. I am not super tech saavy to smart phones so if there is a possible fix I would like the dumbed down version. I read through numerous threads about this and it seems like it has happened to a few people, but I think their phones were modded or rooted. Once again my phone is plain.

Thank You in advance for any help.

OP
D

deebee

Reaction score
Didn't mean to post twice. Sorry.

OP
D

deebee

Reaction score
Thank You Mr. Smith for your help. I tried the methods mentioned in the link and read through all the posts. I was still not able to get phone past the white screen. Tried bootloader, recovey, and factory reset, still the white screen. Replacement phone showed up this afternoon so I finally gave in and activated it. So far so good. I hope this does not happen again. I really like this phone and its features. After reading numerous Rezound posts it seems like this phone is plagued. It's got me a little nervous. I came from a first generation Voyager by LG and it never let me down in over 4 years, but I knew alot of people that had problems early on. Maybe it was my turn to have problems. HMMMM.