Anyone had their Rezound stuck in infinite boot/crash loop?

Namaste777

Reaction score
I've had my Rezound for about 5 days now with really no problems to speak of whatsoever until today. I went to Restart it since it had been a couple of days and as I waited I realized it was taking a bit long and then noticed as it got to the home screen it said "Loading", that went away, then as I tried to pull the ring and it went black and rebooted on its own. Did this about 4 times before pulling the battery out. After having it out for a good 30 seconds, put it back in and all was back to normal. VERY STRANGE!!! BTW, during this loop I never had any connectivity at all. Has anyone had this happen? Called Verizon and had it documented for future reference. I really like this phone but honestly, I'm a bit concerned.

Thanks for any input.

hatchin

Reaction score
The reset option seems to cause this issue so read about it here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html

Just pull the rear battery cover off, pull the battery out, pull the sim card out, put the battery back in, turn the phone on, click on phone (like your gonna make a call), then press *#*#4636#*#* to get into the phones sub menu, From there press Phone Information and then click on CDMA+LTE/EvDO auto, then the home button. Now tun off the phone, replace the sim card, re-install the back cover and then turn the phone back on. It should work perfectly now. From now on don't use the "restart" option, just use the turn off and then manually turn it back on after is shuts down and you will not have any more issues.

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184994-rezound-stuck-boot-loop.html

Just pull the rear battery cover off, pull the battery out, pull the sim card out, put the battery back in, turn the phone on, click on phone (like your gonna make a call), then press *#*#4636#*#* to get into the phones sub menu, From there press Phone Information and then click on CDMA+LTE/EvDO auto, then the home button. Now tun off the phone, replace the sim card, re-install the back cover and then turn the phone back on. It should work perfectly now. From now on don't use the "restart" option, just use the turn off and then manually turn it back on after is shuts down and you will not have any more issues.

Just a quick update, ever since I figured out that *# fix, restarting the phone has not reset the settings on this.... Yet....

Sent from my red cased, red Beats logo stamped, red button lit REZOUND with $100 of FREE Monster Beats Audio connected by premium red Monster cabling in all its glory via the fantabulous Droid Forums Mobile App utilizing the premium 3G/4G data signal over the airwaves of the black and red network otherwise known as Verizon

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Instead of dialing all those numbers there is an app in the market called LTE switch. It is free and when you hit it, it brings you to that screen. Works great to switch you to 3g only to save battery

From my Rockin Rezound

cp24eva

Reaction score
Sent from my red cased, red Beats logo stamped, red button lit REZOUND with $100 of FREE Monster Beats Audio connected by premium red Monster cabling in all its glory via the fantabulous Droid Forums Mobile App utilizing the premium 3G/4G data signal over the airwaves of the black and red network otherwise known as Verizon

Is this really in your tapatalk sig or something? LOL!

rickuski

Reaction score
That's seriously the best signature I've ever seen lol. Way to love what you're rockin!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Reaction score
Lol, thanks! Hahaha

Yes, that is actually on my DroidForums Sig... My computer sig is just as rediculous!

Got the idea from a troll I met a few days back...

cp24eva

Reaction score
Glad to see trolls have encouraged some good in this world.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Seadog311

Reaction score
I am having the same problem

My problem is almost the exact same but it doesnt not stay at the home page it keeps "rebooting" or "restarting". I had bought it and exactly a week later it did this, So i brought it back and got a brand new phone. And it has been fine for the most part, until tonight. I went and restarted the new phone that i have had now for about roughly 3 weeks and well tonight is the like third time i had did the "restat on it and now as i am typing the phone is still "restarting" or "rebooting" and i tried all the things too. Taking the battery out and the sim card and it will restart all by itself and it will not stay at the homepage screen for very long before it restart all by itself. Even if i take the battery and the sim card out it will come on all by itself and I wont even touch the phone at all and it will do it Does anybody know why? So this is the second rezound i have had and it has done it with both phones i have had. I love the phone but this crap with it restart and shutting off all by itself is wanting me to take it and throw it across the room. PAying as much as i did for this phone there should be any kinda glitches like this especially with two phones within a month and a half of having it! Can anybody help me out? Thanks

chatterbox

Reaction score
Thank you!!

"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP...MY HTC REZOUND JUST WENT INTO LOOP AND WHEN I WAS ABLE TO STOP IT, THERE WAS NO SIGNAL! I CALLED VERIZON TECH SUPPORT AND HONESTLY, THEY DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO! SO I LOOKED ONLINE AND SEEN YOUR POST, WHICH HELPED SO MUCH AND ALL TO YOU, MY PHONE IS NOW WORKING!! THANK YOU!!!!" :icon_ lala::hail:

boywonder

Reaction score
This happened to me but I went to Verizon where the sent me on a wild good chase to get a replacement. We went to a corporate store and they were going to get me a new one. They didn't have any in stock so they sent me to a BJ's which is there partner . They told me I couldn't replace mine there because I got it at an authorized dealer. Like seriously. I finally went and got my new one from the dealer.

Sent from my Resound using DroidForums

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP...MY HTC REZOUND JUST WENT INTO LOOP AND WHEN I WAS ABLE TO STOP IT, THERE WAS NO SIGNAL! I CALLED VERIZON TECH SUPPORT AND HONESTLY, THEY DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO! SO I LOOKED ONLINE AND SEEN YOUR POST, WHICH HELPED SO MUCH AND ALL TO YOU, MY PHONE IS NOW WORKING!! THANK YOU!!!!" :icon_ lala::hail:
Why are you yelling? TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK!!

Kendraso

Reaction score
question, does this problem stop if i root my rezound? had to pull my battery here recently and it happened again, so this makes like the 4th time ive had to do this process. and if rooting fixes it permanently, then ill root tonight..

Taco

Reaction score
Something seems to trigger the phone to switch to wcdma and then start looping, as I've had it happen a few times now. Rather annoying but its easy enough to fix.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.