Retreiving lost media files

BlueSkyBecky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Hi There,

I'm a little new to this, so my apologies if this query has already been asked and answered.

I took a 8/10 minute video last night and while filming, my battery on my Samsung Galaxy S4 died. When I got home and plugged it in, I realised that it didn't save the video that was made.

I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve that video in any way. It was of the most spectacular thunder and lightning storm I've ever seen and would be so sad to lose it!

Please let me know what can be done, I'll be greatly appreciative!

Thanks
Becky

P

promo87

Hi There,

I'm a little new to this, so my apologies if this query has already been asked and answered.

I took a 8/10 minute video last night and while filming, my battery on my Samsung Galaxy S4 died. When I got home and plugged it in, I realised that it didn't save the video that was made.

I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve that video in any way. It was of the most spectacular thunder and lightning storm I've ever seen and would be so sad to lose it!

Thanks
Becky
Well, If your device is switched off the time you got home and is not saved then I am afraid but I don't think that there is anyway to retrieve it back ! :(

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi There,

Thanks
Becky
Welcome to the forum Becky

If it was being recorded to internal memory which would be standard procedure, there would be no way to recover it under any conditions unless you had been previously rooted - and under these circumstances even then it's doubtful you could get it back if the phone died in the middle of filming..