backed up what I thought was everything on my s4 and lost a lot of mp3s...

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Hi. So my s4 was experiencing slowdowns and issues so I decided to factory reset and restore it. I had backed up what I thought was literally everything to my pc (everything in my 'card' and 'phone' folder). After waiting hours for gigs of data to be backed up I restored my phone. However many of the mp3 files that I have downloaded in the past few months are gone (mp3s in which I converted from youtube videos) I just simply to not see those songs showing up in my folder. Is there any way I can get these back without having to convert those hundreds of songs again? Or do they just not show up because it wasn't music that I bought from google? There must be a better way to back up all those files. Also a lot of my contacts have gone missing as well. I'd appreciate the feedback, thanks.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There would have been a way to get those backed up. You would have several cloud options but the simplest would have been to subscribe to Google Music. You could have synced them with the cloud there. I don't think there is any way to get them back at this point.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
There would have been a way to get those backed up. You would have several cloud options but the simplest would have been to subscribe to Google Music. You could have synced them with the cloud there. I don't think there is any way to get them back at this point.
Thank you as always for your quick replies, leeshor. I'd assume simply backing up my dragging my files to my pc is not the most reliable way to back up all my content? I root my phone, so could the titanium backup app be reliable for this (if you are familiar with that)?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you had used Titanium prior to the reset it may have backed up everything, including the MP3s, Apparently when you did the drag and drop you missed a folder, but it should have been visible if you were rooted. No help now if you didn't do it before..

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
If you had used Titanium prior to the reset it may have backed up everything, including the MP3s, Apparently when you did the drag and drop you missed a folder, but it should have been visible if you were rooted. No help now if you didn't do it before..
Makes sense. I did unroot before I did the backup and reset and I remember reading somewhere that unless you are rooted, the contacts folder would not appear in your files after dragging them to the pc? If this is true, would this be likely for mp3s as well. I'm assuming next time I do this I should back it up while still rooted and not unroot?