lost data? phone wants to re-program

Status
Not open for further replies.

RML35

Reaction score
Hi,

Droid Incredible here need of help please. In an ill-fated attempt to root my Incredible I connected my phone to my PC via the USB. Once in the main root folder I deleted a file I evidently was not supposed to. Unfortunately I dont know the name of the file because I dont remember and it is now permanently deleted - not merely sent to the Recycle bin. I believe it said HTC update or HTC Sync. (Note - I never before bothered to install a sync on my phone for Outlook purposes so it isnt that)

The phone then froze when I unplugged it from my PC and when I attempted to restart it it wanted to boot into re-program mode. Some of my files had already been saved to my SD card. However, a couple hundred pics, videos, personal notes, and texts have been lost...?

I never bothered to created a restoration image. Big mistake I know! I was wondering if there is any other way to see if I can retrieve my files or search from them on the drive. BTW, I did have Lookout Mobile installed but I am not sure if I ever needed to run the back-up function to take advantage of it now because I never bothered to set it up.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you!!!

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm going to delete this in favor of the Rescue Squad thread you made.

Status
Not open for further replies.