Resources Needed?

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Great to see this project getting its own space of the DroidForums! Been following it for awhile, and I think this will do a ton to bolster the support the brilliant minds behind it.

I, however, am not a brilliant mind. Slowly learning programming and linux related bits, but nowhere near being able to contribute any "mental" resources. With that in mind, is there a way to get a list of Needs/Wants that would help those doing the hacking? Do we need to set up a donation fund? Send spare Droid X phones? Not sure how many people have "spare" smartphones, but I'm sure they exist. Any research or other leg work us little people can do so the brains of the operation can focus on the complicated stuff? Or do we need to just gather a horde to hold some Moto execs hostage until they tell us how to unlock the bootloader? JOKE. That one was a joke. Please, I don't want the FBI knocking on my door for making terroristic threats or something ridiculous like that.

Seriously, though. If there is stuff needed, how about we get a thread or page started with some sort of grocery list of schtuff that can help Project Bootloader Freedom?

boostedhonda

Reaction score
I like the hostage idea personally lol. But yeah I definitely would be willing to donate

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well we're working on procuring a Droid X for a driver dev. We'll prolly fire up donations for that. I really hate getting donated to though.

techarlj

Reaction score
Well I really hate having a locked boot loader. You scratch our back, we scratch yours? Seems only fair.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Donation link should be up today. Not sure when, but it will be here

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
dtdlurch

dtdlurch

Reaction score
We could just donate to me, and I will forward it on. Shipping and handling will be required though. :D

I kid. I kid.

Alias, I know we all appreciate your stance and your humbleness. But, I think what the community appreciates even more, in the most respectful way, is the movement you have created to bring true ownership to their devices. Even if the chances are slim to see success, I know all the true Droiders out there would sell their grandmothers at a shot to contribute to the movement.

I know it's just a phone, but in the cheesiest of cheesiest ways to put this, you've given us hope. :hail:

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It will be up tonight at some point. Currently at school, can't access PayPal. And I won't be home right away cause I'm going to the girlfriends house after. So it will be up, just a matter of time.

Luca992

Reaction score
Palmercurling just to let you know there is a great little program called ultra surf that you can put on a flash drive and get around school blocks. I brought it to my school and it spread like a virus haha.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Palmercurling just to let you know there is a great little program called ultra surf that you can put on a flash drive and get around school blocks. I brought it to my school and it spread like a virus haha.

I don't have any personal need for this software but it is very interesting. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. :)

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I just bring my laptop and tether with one of my phones. 3G speed isn't horrible around where I live.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you ever need something more from the staff here just let me and/or CK know. I'll do what I can here and over at ANet, and I'm pretty sure CK will do what he can as well. :)

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks y'all for the help. And ill have to snag that.... Teehee.