[REQUEST] Messaging Widget for MIUI

corman324

Reaction score
Hey guys anyone wanna come up with an idea for a miui messenger/message widget... I recommend the idea for a messenger widget and they (MIUI TEAM) asked me to come up with a picture of an idea for it looks wise... I'm ok with photoshop but i'm sure many of you are guru's of it...

okay im by NO MEANS great with photoshop (i use Gimp), but hey whatever, ill throw something out there to get the ball rolling. i was wondering about a messaging widget too so the sooner something gets done, the better i guess.

hope someone tried to improve (probabaly completely change) my idea haha
sorry if its not really up to par.

edit: ahhhh, i didnt notice on the 2nd picture that the black bars are not symmetrical :icon_eek:
these are pretty shotty i know, but i only had a few minutes to do anything so when i have a little more time ill put some more thought into it. AND I REALLY HOPE SOMEONE ELSE UPLOADS SOME IDEAS!

Last edited:

doubleojon

Reaction score
I would like to see something like the SenseUI messaging widget. Every other messaging widget shows your entire inbox, making it a pain in the butt to navigate through. SenseUI just has the most recent incoming message from each thread, and that is just dandy. Yeah, I said dandy.

OP
corman324

corman324

Reaction score
honestly, i dont really care what the widget looks like, i just want one period.
i have a motodroid so im really not familiar with the sense widgets, but hey anythings better than nothing.

whatever's clever!!

illmatic636

Reaction score
Invest in Launcher Pro Plus. You won't be disappointed. Together with Beautiful Widgets, your all set. It's only like $5-6 total. ZGoes nice with your $600 phone for sure!

OP
corman324

corman324

Reaction score
yeah i purchased LauncherPro about 5 months ago and it was like crack for me up until i installed MIUI. i like it but i want to use only MIUI for a while ( i absolutely LOVE miui launcher). LauncherPro is awesome, dont get me wrong, but what about people that dont want to use launcherpro?
besides, can you imagine how ridiculous this rom would be if it started adding widgets to it such a launcherpro does? it'd be an all-inclusive-need-nothing-else rom. perfection pretty much

frostthejack

Reaction score
I can work on an idea for how it could look

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
corman324

corman324

Reaction score
Widgets should be the exact same shape as the icons imo. Just larger.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

thats kinda what i attempted with the first picture.
but since youre talking about shape, im assuming you mean the original icons? i was going for the newer ones (either shape would look really good)

OP
corman324

corman324

Reaction score
also a good call.
yo Fireproof, if you come in here at all, who asked you to come up with an idea for the look of a widget Team D1 or the Chinese Devs?

fox_dye

Reaction score
What i don't get is they already have a usable image with the popup> all that really needs to be done with it is add a few buttons to let you flip through your text messages.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Widgets should be the exact same shape as the icons imo. Just larger.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

thats kinda what i attempted with the first picture.
but since youre talking about shape, im assuming you mean the original icons? i was going for the newer ones (either shape would look really good)

Yeah just the kind of rounded off square look was what I was thinking, to fit in with the look of the homescreen.

I can't see your images very well with the DF app.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

OP
corman324

corman324

Reaction score
yeah understandable, theyre not that good anyways they were just something to start a thread and maybe get some other ideas going.
the rounded square look would be nice