Messaging on miui

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Hey guys i want to know something i pm'ed metick about but he didn't get back to me (i am not holdingba grudge he is probably really busy) but i want to know if there will be an update allowings us the ability to have messages pop up on the lockscreen as they do u click the messaging app then you click the message and a pop up reply box pops up and ur able to answer i hope i explained this well

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
He wouldn't know .... MIUI for D1 is a port of a chinese rom. Not made by team d1 miui

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
I know but he has contact with him their must be someone who can contact them in chinese

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
No he really doesn't. You can try to request it yourself at the miui site.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Not MIUI-dev.net

That's not the correct site btw you want the one in chinese

Z

ZeroBarrier

Wouldn't this just defeat the purpose of having the bloody SMS icon on the lockscreen?

I mean c'mon, there's an icon right on the lockscreen for you to press and pull down to reach the messaging app, and if you have an unread text, it takes you right into that thread.

So again, why do you want just a pop up? The icon works, and it does everything that the pop up would do, so the pop up would just be duplicated functionality.

I really don't see anything useful including SMS pop up on the lockscreen, in fact, it would be annoying.

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
It would make it much faster to have a pop rather than unlock the screen espically if u use a different profile for ur lock screen and screen for set cpu

Z

ZeroBarrier

Um, SetCPU screen off profiles only work with screen turned off, so if you are at the lock screen or unlock the phone and are in the SMS app, it's the same thing, the screen is on.

And no, it does not make it any faster, in fact possibly slower.

It's easy bro:

You get a text
You long press the SMS icon on lockscreen
Boom, read the text right there on lockscreen
If you deem it important enough to answer the you pull that very same finger down
Boom, you're in SMS app and in the thread where you can answer the text, and if you need to look at the entire convo

It doesn't get any faster than that.

Z

ZeroBarrier

You want a lockscreen pop up? Try Handcent, last time I checked there's an option for lockscreen pop ups, and yes, if you set it to your default messaging app you can still use the button on the lockscreen to reach handcent. If you don't want handcent as your default, then set it up to only do pop ups, disable everything except pop ups in Handcent and disable pop ups in the stock SMS app.

There, fixed.

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
i just want to use my stock mms app it would be a ton easier then unlocking the phone during skewl ya know