Removing stock apps question?

Marco Montana

Reaction score
Is there a way to remo e stock apps like skype, city od, tweet, etc. Without installing a modded rom?

Meaning im rooted and sorta like where my phone is at but, I want to get rid of above mentioned apps.

Droid Incredible ADR6300

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easier way is to get Titanium Backup. With the paid version you can just "freeze" apps so they don't run without actually deleting anything (therefore eliminating the risk of messing with the wrong thing and/or allowing you to change your mind later on). It's also immensely helpful to back up your apps in between ROMs so that you can get up and running after a wipe in no time at all.

OP
M

Marco Montana

Reaction score
Nice ty, enlightened

Do you reccomend titanium over rom managers back ups?

Droid Incredible ADR6300

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do all of my backups in recovery, not ROM Manager. Titanium should be used to back up apps (you can run a batch command and back them all up in one fell swoop) only- backing up apps + data has been shown to cause some problems for a small number of users. Titanium Backup Pro is well worth the money- it's the most useful app I have, by far.

ROM Manager is based off of ClockworkMod Recovery (made by the same dev, but RM is meant to automate the steps a bit). It's a good idea to learn how to do everything directly in recovery though in case you run into a problem and can't load RM.

OP
M

Marco Montana

Reaction score
Well i just purchased Titanium Backup pro, and have frozen about 20 useless apps . Im happy! ;)

Droid Incredible ADR6300

Trancender

Reaction score
Is there any way at all to remove/freeze the "stock" apps without rooting my phone?