Remove apps

tontovy

Reaction score
Is there a way to get rid of apps such as skype and things I never use but they always seem to be running and taking up my memory but there part of the os

Sent from my incredible using DroidForums

OP
T

tontovy

Reaction score
Oh I'm not rooted

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest removing bloatware entirely, but some apps out there can hide them in case u ever had to go back to stock once rooted. u can try Launcher Pro to hide them instead and u don't have to be rooted.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

droidlady05

Reaction score
Tontovy, if you root your phone you have options to prevent the bloatware from running in the background. Titanium Backup will allow you to freeze and unthaw the apps if necessary. Also, you could use Root Explorer to change the file ext from apk to pak. You can change it back to the apk extension if you need to. Hawaiian Princess is correct, you can hide these unwanted apps by using some of the popular home launchers, but hiding them will not prevent them from running in the background. There's a lot of resources for rooting. Hope that helps!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
that's correct it doesn't freeze it it just hides it. but u can still force stop it. thanks for pointing it out sis.
everyone have a good day

sent from the Hawaiian D2G