I THINK I just rooted....

krichmond0306

Reaction score
...but when I tried to install Titanium Backup it first asked for permission (which I assume means I successfully rooted) then said it couldn't run. Is there a way to make sure I rooted? I want to backup my system before I start doing what I want like remove 'bloatware'.

Also any suggestions on what I should do now that I'm rooted? Best programs, etc?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Cloppy

Reaction score
if you have a terminal emulator app you can type in su and see what it says. if its permission denied then you didnt root. if it comes to a # sign then your rooted. Terminal emulator apps are free on the market

OP
K

krichmond0306

Reaction score
Ok I did that it came up with a file path and the next line only had a $, rooted?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hit the Problems button in Titanium Backup; it needs to download an updated version of BusyBox in order to work.

OP
K

krichmond0306

Reaction score
Yup got that so I am rooted. Now what should I do? My big goal is to improve battery life

OP
K

krichmond0306

Reaction score
Best app to underclock? How do I do a power cycle? What is it?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
SetCPU in the market and you let your phone run down till it powers itself off, plug it into a wall charger and let it sit for an hour to two hours so the charge not only finishes but stabilizes, and then use normally.

I'm unaware of any other over/underclocking apps in the market besides the ones for the X/2 and Milestone, so I might be mistaken, but SetCPU is the de-facto overclocking app (and it lets you underclock for things like screen-off, overheating, and low-battery levels so you can save juice and rock Andy a little longer. :)).

Marco Montana

Reaction score
I used the Rom managers back up utility, and it works flawlessly from the boot recovery screen.

Droid Incredible ADR6300