Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I call bs. They could simply add another tier perk.

Yes, Kickstarter probably did decide to cancel the extras. But, again. They could easily add "stretch goals" and more perks.

I'll leave you to think about what that means.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You think it's a marketing scheme? Think I mentioned that earlier. If I still get a good deal, I'm not sure I care. Ha

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Interesting, though I'll get an email if/when they message me, I logged in to check. The $39 tier now says 201 (go figure) backers &, so far, my pledge stands.
039dcc612bac6f88906db735c9e389bd.jpg

I suppose they could still be in the process of cancelling? Or did I actually make the 200, despite my backer # being over 300? Time will tell...

OP
Macktion

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I await with baited breath my friend.

Swyped from my Yoga 8

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
" To our KS Community,

Upon further inspection, KS did not simply oust the backers ranked from 201-355. Rather, there seemed to be an arbitrary notifications of who is in the $39 tier and who is not. IF YOU PLEDGED TO ANY REWARD TIER ABOVE THE $39 ONE, NOTHING WILL CHANGE REGARDING YOUR REWARD.

However, for individuals who pledged and were previously CONFIRMED at $39...the results from our preliminary analysis are in after some heavy duty data reconciliation. To be frank, the situation is quite complicated. We have categorized our initial 355 backers @$39 into 4 groups: original 200 that still have their spot, original 200 that have been kickoutered, KS155 that still have their spot, and KS155 that have been kickoutered. The numerical breakdown is as follows:

200/In: 132

200/Out: 65

KS155/In: 72

KS155/Out: 82

As some of our more quantitative backers will notice, these numbers do not add up to 200 or 155. The reason for this is that there are individuals who have cancelled or have adjusted their contribution. Despite not knowing about how messy KS' unilateral resolution to the KS155 situation was going to be, we are taking it upon ourselves to try and go the extra mile for you guys. You've been incredibly patient thus far and we sincerely appreciate it!

Depending on which of the 4 above categories you fall under, we will be sending you a personal message via KS telling you what your individual situation is and options are. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel! ‪#‎RemixOn‬

- The Remix Team"

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
According to their latest post on Facebook, messages have gone out to the official 200. I did not receive one of those messages, so I should expect to hear from them in the next few hours. Fingers crossed that whatever they offer is still in my price range...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yay! I'm still in at the killer price!

Jide Tech says:
"Dear Jon, you were the trickiest group to handle initially in this situation. We've been transparent this whole campaign and we don't intend to stop now. Here's the situation. Your ticket number and our back end records show that you fall outside of the first 200 backers at the $39 tier. This makes you a part of the original KS155 group that doesn't actually belong in $39 tier within the 200 backer limit we set.

However, we want to acknowledge that you were still among our earliest KS supporters. Although we believe KS made a mistake in identifying you as a member of the original 200, we believe it’s imperative for us to honor that mistake. So, without further ado, we want to extend a congratulations and say YOU'RE IN THE CLUB!!! There's nothing you need to do at this point. You are set to get the Remix tablet. Thank you so much for your support! Stay tuned for exciting updates and surprises throughout the remainder of our campaign. #RemixOn"

I have to say...I'm still not convinced that this wasn't just an elaborate marketing scheme. However, I'm psyched to get a new toy for $60 with shipping and can't wait until May to get my hands on this thing and put it through its paces.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Further developing-Backers from the $39 tier who were kicked are apparently being offer the $199 tier with free case upgrade. Glad I'm sitting where I am.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just my previous posts. Kickstarter cancelled some that should've been honored by rights & some that shouldn't. I shouldn't have been, but was kept in. My group got to stay at $39. Others who were kicked & should've been were offered $199.

Mind you, all of this was done by jide, the makers of the tablet. They took matters into their own hands after KS dumped legit backers.

Sent from my Note 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
KS campaign ended today. Got the survey to pick my color. I selected silver, but they've already stated that they produced so many of each & don't 100% guarantee that you get the color you pick. Estimated to arrive mid-May-ish.

I'll likely create a new thread when it arrives.

Sent from my Note 4