GameStick Android Console in a Controller from PlayJam Competes with OUYA

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 2, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

To say that we are excited by the prospects of the OUYA Android gaming console would be an understatement. As soon as we saw this concept on Kickstarter we have been hungry for all of the news on this innovative and enticing new device. However, it looks like the OUYA is likely to have some serious competition for our hard-earned Android gaming dollars. Apparently, the company PlayJam is also working on an Android-based gaming console, and theirs is even smaller than the OUYA.

It's called the GameStick and it literally looks like a USB Flash stick and fits neatly into its own gaming controller providing an integrated experience. From the looks of the device, it will likely debut with a less powerful chip than the OUYA, but that doesn't mean it won't be able to offer an affordable and enjoyable gaming experience. This project is also on Kickstarter. Above is a pic of the device, and below we have a video demo of the prototype followed by a press release and links,

Source: KickStarter - GameStick
  2. liftedplane

liftedplane Well-Known Member

this is awesome, And they will only get more powerful... I can see home consoles being given quite the run for their money. Man this is epic.

and already 54k in one day... my god that's amazing.
  3. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

soooo awesome. Competition is better for the consumers
    1 person likes this.
  4. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

My exact thought. I've found many Android games to be far more entertaining than some console games. Plus with the graphics getting better and better...its going to give consoles a real run for their money. Quite impressed.