Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It sounds like it's exactly what I wanted. But, ya know, starving artist and all that. Can't afford one full-price by a long shot.

I look forward to a long-term update.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh, I hear ya buddy! I wasn't even sure I'd be able to commit to $199 if I didn't get the deal that I did. I was only in at the $39 for sure in the beginning. Then, when I heard they were offering some in the KS155 group the option of getting one for $199 or not getting one, I started to reconsider. I lucked out that KS kept me in when I should've been out by rights, but still got to keep my original deal.

Battery life is a bit lackluster, but given that it's a brand new device and had an update when I first powered it on, I'm not gonna pass judgement there yet. I'm at 37% after just over 5 hours on. I charged it almost all the way to 100 while I was using it earlier, then left it to sit with the screen off while we were out at my grandma's. I had the screen on the whole time I was using it before that though.

Battery stats leave a lot to be desired in the way of getting any kind of list of what's using all of the juice. No breakdown of screen-on time right now. Just a gauge showing how much battery is left and a screen showing how long it's been on and how long they estimate you have left.

It's going to be tough to remind myself that it's not a laptop and that I can and SHOULD turn the screen off at appropriate times.

PirateKing

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S6 iPhone 6 iPhone 5S
I want to say thank you to KickStarter again for making these possible!!

OP
Macktion

Macktion

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Jonny. I look forward to next week, when you have had some time to put a few miles on the Remix.

Swyped from my Yoga 8

joeqaz1016

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Think: Remix OS - Android now for desktops.

This was the perfect platform for us to meet these folks. All in all, it was an exciting, tiring whirlwind of a show for us including the planning and the post management of the show.
Hope you guys enjoy the inside look and as always, #RemixOn!