[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

Phibernaut

Reaction score
Does this help with RAM usage? It seems like the D3 is pretty hungry, leaving me with less than 200MB after closing nearly everything, only to drain down below 100MB in use.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
You need to dial *228, and select option 1, to activate your phone. dancedroid

You didnt do anything wrong. Its not heavily themed. Not yet at least. It will be worked on more in the next release. I wanted to get something out for everybody to enjoy, in the meantime!

I would recommend starting at step 1. Thats just to make sure you have the fewest errors possible.

It might just be me, but it seems faster than before.

Thanks for the ROM.

Does this mean we can overclock yet?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
No. Not yet. I will keep looking into it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

doomangel

Reaction score
Hi and thanx. More important is thah you lead the way for other developers to develop their own roms!
Just a question, does your rom adding more languages?
is it possible to hapen?
I would like greek on my Droid 3 :(

xfighter1188

Reaction score
the super user apps has a fc when i click extras. also i cannot give su permissions to my switchpro app, i have su permissions originally b4 flashing the rom. also i cleared the log but no progress

edit thats odd, i just tried rebooting and it prompted me to give it su permissions again.

Last edited:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
the super user apps has a fc when i click extras. also i cannot give su permissions to my switchpro app, i have su permissions originally b4 flashing the rom. also i cleared the log but no progress

edit thats odd, i just tried rebooting and it prompted me to give it su permissions again.

Is it working now? I just did everything you did and had no issues with the SU app.

If your are still having issues, install the SU app from the market and see if things work.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I won't be using this, awesome to see somethings finally out! Can't wait to see more stuff. :)

xfighter1188

Reaction score
Is it working now? I just did everything you did and had no issues with the SU app.

If your are still having issues, install the SU app from the market and see if things work.

how am i supposed to reinstall SU? theres no uninstall button lol, im not sure why clicking "extras" fcs my su but it just does

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
how am i supposed to reinstall SU? theres no uninstall button lol, im not sure why clicking "extras" fcs my su but it just does

I never said reinstall, your current version is prossibly out of date. You can download it from the Marketplace: LINK

xfighter1188

Reaction score
I never said reinstall, your current version is prossibly out of date. You can download it from the Marketplace: LINK

So I fixed it, I downloaded the update fixer thing, that reverted me back to the older version, then I simply updated it

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Daaz

Reaction score
found em'.. man, always happens 5 mins after i post for help. heh.

Last edited: