[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

lemmony

Reaction score
ok im confused.:blink:. I followed the directions explicitly.:hail: I am using a droid 3.dancedroid My phone went thru the whole process.:icon_ lala:. I even did it twice:blink::blink:.RSD lite always ends saying something like process pass.... but nothing ever changes and I still have the exact same factory O.S. operating system??? What is going on please??:angry::angry::angry:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
ok im confused.:blink:. I followed the directions explicitly.:hail: I am using a droid 3.dancedroid My phone went thru the whole process.:icon_ lala:. I even did it twice:blink::blink:.RSD lite always ends saying something like process pass.... but nothing ever changes and I still have the exact same factory O.S. operating system??? What is going on please??:angry::angry::angry:

RSDlite is to return you to a clean slate, after that you re-root, and install the bootstrap app, then make a backup and flash SDv3.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

lemmony

Reaction score
10~4

RSDlite is to return you to a clean slate, after that you re-root, and install the bootstrap app, then make a backup and flash SDv3.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

Thankyou:icon_ peace::icon_ banana::yr1:dancedroid :O) guess I shouldn't be playing with phones at 3 in the morning eh??:wink-b:well think I have it firmly under control with steel droid operating system in tow:icon_ owned:.:icon_ lala::partsin01:. Doesn't really seem to much of a change from the Verizon OS thou? :confused: I noticed a few more wall papers and a different start-up scene but nothing else really.... :blink:did i miss something?:blink:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Thankyou:icon_ peace::icon_ banana::yr1:dancedroid :O) guess I shouldn't be playing with phones at 3 in the morning eh??:wink-b:well think I have it firmly under control with steel droid operating system in tow:icon_ owned:.:icon_ lala::partsin01:. Doesn't really seem to much of a change from the Verizon OS thou? :confused: I noticed a few more wall papers and a different start-up scene but nothing else really.... :blink:did i miss something?:blink:

SD is based of the Stock D3 Rom, it's been debloated, and had some additional tweaks. But will still look mostly stock. If you want a custom look, I suggest checking out the Theme/Mod thread for good additions.

Chevy is working on SDv4, and his later version maybe CM based for a new AOSP look and custom possibilities.

lemmony

Reaction score
SD is based of the Stock D3 Rom, it's been debloated, and had some additional tweaks. But will still look mostly stock. If you want a custom look, I suggest checking out the Theme/Mod thread for good additions.

Chevy is working on SDv4, and his later version maybe CM based for a new AOSP look and custom possibilities.

Everything works ok but thier is an issue with the blue tooth headset. I have reloaded the steel droid OS three times just to verify it is not a mistake on my part. The headset works but it no longer will voice dial. Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue?

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Just an FYI i just put the Razr boot animation on my SteelDroid and it looks SICK!

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Just an FYI i just put the Razr boot animation on my SteelDroid and it looks SICK!

Just found the .ogg sound file (in a different xda thread) for the boot animation and it makes it SO much better

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

weber3040

Reaction score
Hey Chevy, on an off note, would you consider putting a restart option in the next version or next update of steel droid? or if there is a way for me to add restart to my phone, im all ears also. i have 3.0 and love it, it has worked flawlessly for me. im a bit of a noob but the install was very easy! Excellent work man! keep up the good work and as with most everyone here, i look forward to seeing what goodies you come up with next;). Thanks for your time!

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Hey Chevy, on an off note, would you consider putting a restart option in the next version or next update of steel droid? or if there is a way for me to add restart to my phone, im all ears also. i have 3.0 and love it, it has worked flawlessly for me. im a bit of a noob but the install was very easy! Excellent work man! keep up the good work and as with most everyone here, i look forward to seeing what goodies you come up with next;). Thanks for your time!

I use an app called "quick boot" works great if you don't find anything else, has options to boot into bootloader and stuff, don't really use those cuz I use the Droid3 bootstrap, but its handy for a quick restart

theunknownn

Reaction score
I use an app called "quick boot" works great if you don't find anything else, has options to boot into bootloader and stuff, don't really use those cuz I use the Droid3 bootstrap, but its handy for a quick restart

I will also say ROM Toolbox is a good one

dumm0r

Reaction score
Hello Chevycam94,

I love the clean and neat nature of your ROM's. I have used your ROM in my "OG Droid 1" Days, and now on the Droid 3.
I would like to mention that I having trouble with the email icon for my corporate sync on this ROM. The issue is that the icon keeps disappearing from the app drawer.

First time around, I followed the instructions on this thread to a T. Thinking it was a fluke in the initial setup of the ROM, My steps to reinstall the ROM on the phone were:

1. Boot into CWM Recovery, Factory Reset/Wipe Device - Both data and cache
2. Reboot the phone and go to AP Fastboot - Using RSDLite 5.5, I installed the SBF 5.6.890
3. Restarted the phone, and Rooted the phone using Pete's Motorola Root Tools
4. Installed the purchased version of CWM Recovery Boot Strap for Droid 3
5. Copied the SD3_3000.zip to the internal SD Card
6. Clicked the BootStrap Recovery and then the Reboot Recovery in CWM Bootstrap Droid 3
7. Again, Factory wiped settings to be safe and then installed the zip from the internal SD card
8. Started up the phone, setup my email accounts, the email icon was there... for about 20 minutes and disappeared...

I am going to install the Universal Inbox, which I'm not very fond of; however, it's better than dealing with the bloatware from Verizon.
Not sure if this makes a difference, however, the hosted exchange server for our company email requires certain permissions to be allowed.
I am not sure if that is the root cause, however, I thought I would bring it up so we can see about getting this resolved in the next release?

*Update*
The Universal Inbox did not fix the issue. I installed the zip through the recovery, however, when I booted the phone, there is no new icons :)

I will use a third party email apk for now.

Anyway, Thanks for all your help and I plan on donating a few bucks to help the cause!
Your ROM's are always great.

Many Thanks,
David D.

Last edited: