[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

jesusishere

Reaction score
well im stuck right now, and i really need someones help, my phone is stuck at fastboot, i think that is what it is called, its not clockwork but the original, well that is the main problem, im not new to rooting but i am just having difficultly here. RSDlite fails on me on the first step and i cant install the xml, but somehow the 3rd time it went to step 13 and failed, so i dcant use my phone because of that, id really appreciate some help here I dont know how long i can survive without my phone when i have to deal with work and college lol. also does the phone charge? bcuz i had it plugged in all night and it says low battery on fastboot.

Make sure that you are using the original factory cable. Try flashing another RSD. Try both versions, re-download them you may have a corrupt file somewhere. I had to try the newest RSD leak twice before it would install. If that doesn't work try another usb port, or another computer.

carloscldz

Reaction score
Make sure that you are using the original factory cable. Try flashing another RSD. Try both versions, re-download them you may have a corrupt file somewhere. I had to try the newest RSD leak twice before it would install. If that doesn't work try another usb port, or another computer.

yeah ill try but the phone isnt turning on enless its plugged into the charger :[

macdaddy123

Reaction score
I had the same problem.. i was runnign windows 7 and RSD lite 5.5 the newest version. Just keep trying and make sure your using the stock fastboot xml file. If you want i can post a link to the one i used cause it worked for me.. mine also kept failing early on but one time it went further. So sometimes just a matter of keeping at it, try pulling the SD card just cause ... i too need it for work and college so i feel your pain but dont worrie its not bricked .

sent from droid 3
steel driod 1.0
rooted

carloscldz

Reaction score
I had the same problem.. i was runnign windows 7 and RSD lite 5.5 the newest version. Just keep trying and make sure your using the stock fastboot xml file. If you want i can post a link to the one i used cause it worked for me.. mine also kept failing early on but one time it went further. So sometimes just a matter of keeping at it, try pulling the SD card just cause ... i too need it for work and college so i feel your pain but dont worrie its not bricked .

sent from droid 3
steel driod 1.0
rooted
yeah all these ideas crossed my mind too, the only problem is that i cant try them because my phone wont charge im going to haveto buy a new battery or an external charger...thxs for the replies though.

stryder1187

Reaction score
yeah all these ideas crossed my mind too, the only problem is that i cant try them because my phone wont charge im going to haveto buy a new battery or an external charger...thxs for the replies though.

I had the same problem and I thought it was never going to be unbricked and my battery died but luckily my m other in law also has a droid 3 (bogo got mine free dancedroid ) but I kept trying in rsd following the directions in the dp and it took about 15-20 times but it did go through after it failing at seemingly random spots from step 1 to 17. Get some juice and keep trying, it will happen :)

Phibernaut

Reaction score
My D3 fails the OTA update even after restoring bloat, unrooting, resetting from recovery, clearing the cache, resetting from settings, etc. Can I still run Steel Droid or is this an indication that RSDing the new SBF will mess up my D3?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Darksthour

Reaction score
Ok so this might sound stupid but is the .890 sbf on the instructions basically the new update? I have my phone rooted already and have cwm installed along with a few mods. I kind of want to go back to stock everything to check out the new update.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Ok so this might sound stupid but is the .890 sbf on the instructions basically the new update? I have my phone rooted already and have cwm installed along with a few mods. I kind of want to go back to stock everything to check out the new update.

I believe so as it was coming already on peoples phones.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Its possible you had a bad download. Did you try the linear one as well? Also have you previously themed your notification bar/icons?

Beamed down from my Droid 3

I bet the problem is because your not copying the ROM zip file to the INTERNAL storage ("MOT"). If you copy to internal, and select it in CWR, it will install just fine. Don't worry, it took me about 2 hours to figure that out! I figured my download was corrupt or CWR was broken. But both are ok, just needed to install from INTERNAL

Darksthour

Reaction score
New question While flashing the SBF it says in RSD lite "Please manually power up this phone." But the phone already restarted on its own. Should I restart it or is it actually done? Confused. I don't really feel like messing this up on step one lol.

Nevermind google searched and found the problem.

Last edited:

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
for those having the issues with rsd. it never works for me on my d3 so i just push everything manualy in fastboot works like a charm.

also anyone have the link to downloadthe calendar.. i use mine and would like to get it back. thanks

qudwis

Reaction score
thank you for the rom. i just installed it and it's very good
the only problem i have is i keep getting calendar storage fc
when i use any kind of calendar app or widget.
is there anyway to fix?

Tay_xxx

Reaction score
Joined this forum for 2 reasons, one being to get some over some of the learning curves with the Droid 3. And 2 to thank you Chevy for the first working rom for the droid 3!!!:heart:

I'm going to hold off on flashing to it just yet til I have a better understanding on how all of this works. I came in late to the droid world with my last phone a Droid 2 and everything was already made easy, so before I start tinkering with my D3 I figure I had better learn what I'm doing!

Thanks again for your hard work!

Tay_xxx

Reaction score
thank you for the rom. i just installed it and it's very good
the only problem i have is i keep getting calendar storage fc
when i use any kind of calendar app or widget.
is there anyway to fix?

The calender FC has been brought to his attention and will be addressed in the next update to my understanding.

macdaddy123

Reaction score
The calender FC has been brought to his attention and will be addressed in the next update to my understanding.

Just use calender pad pro our something among those lines..it still synced to your gmail if you want it too

sent from droid 3
steel driod 1.0
rooted