[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
@guestkp if you can access fastboot with USB, try reflashing. Once u do that pick up where you left off with the instructions.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

macdaddy123

Reaction score
So I just followed the instructions step for step and after I installed the new rom it came to the boot screen and just goes black, then the boot screen, the black. It just continues this over and over again. I let it go for 20 minutes and pulled the battery. When I tried to pull up the boot mode selection screen and BP Tools, it does the same thing. I even did a factory reset and nothing. Any advise?
same thing happen to me.. just keep trying to flash, take out SD card and SIM just for S&G's.. Aslo make sure ur flashing the VRZ_XT862_5.5.1_84_D3G-55_1FF_01.xml the stock sbf fast boot.. i had to do it about 15 times then it just worked... keep me updated

dbones

Reaction score
All I did was wipe data/cache and flash the rom with cwm and works like a charm. Super fast and smooth with no bloatware and lots of ram to spare:)

Phibernaut

Reaction score
After weeks of tinkering I'm finally happy with my setup aside from a minor metamorph goof. Still, I'm curious - how much RAM can be gained using this?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

DJSketch

Reaction score
Ok I got this all installed an everything, but I got some Chinese letters on the launcher? Is there a fix for that?

EDIT: figured it out, I have another launcher that was installed an it defaulted to that after I updated. GREAT BTW likin this rom so far. Still hating the blue notification bar though. Also why isn't there a e-mail app anymore. I get notifications for e-mails but I can't bring them up anymore.....

Last edited:

dbones

Reaction score
After weeks of tinkering I'm finally happy with my setup aside from a minor metamorph goof. Still, I'm curious - how much RAM can be gained using this?

I gained about 50mb of ram using all the same apps I was using before

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
To all: If you're having problems, I know this is common sense, but fyi; check and/or update your moto drivers. That could be what's holding you back. Make sure you follow chevy's instructions as closely as possible.:blink:

Phibernaut

Reaction score
dbones, is your 50mb gain in comparison to stock or were you previously debloated?

macdaddy123

Reaction score
I ran this Battery MOD and it worked flawlessly with Steel Droid V1.0

I keep getting a bad install in the CWM recover...e/cantopen. Then below it says (bad).. i tryed the circle battery and im running steel driod 1.0 fully deodexed

D3 steel droid 1.0

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I keep getting a bad install in the CWM recover...e/cantopen. Then below it says (bad).. i tryed the circle battery and im running steel driod 1.0 fully deodexed

D3 steel droid 1.0

Its possible you had a bad download. Did you try the linear one as well? Also have you previously themed your notification bar/icons?

Beamed down from my Droid 3

macdaddy123

Reaction score
of course a bad download. i got it to work but coiuld not dl it on my desktop for some reason. o well its working now and thanksw for the help :)

Fenix787

Reaction score
For those of you having the gmail force close problem, I got mine to work. I know rom manager doesnt support the droid 3 but I installed it anyways and used the fix permissions utility and gmail now works. After that you have to go into your google account settings and make sure sync gmail is checked otherwise you will have to manually refresh. Sorry if this is a re-post.

carloscldz

Reaction score
well im stuck right now, and i really need someones help, my phone is stuck at fastboot, i think that is what it is called, its not clockwork but the original, well that is the main problem, im not new to rooting but i am just having difficultly here. RSDlite fails on me on the first step and i cant install the xml, but somehow the 3rd time it went to step 13 and failed, so i dcant use my phone because of that, id really appreciate some help here I dont know how long i can survive without my phone when i have to deal with work and college lol. also does the phone charge? bcuz i had it plugged in all night and it says low battery on fastboot.

Last edited:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
For those of you having the gmail force close problem, I got mine to work. I know rom manager doesnt support the droid 3 but I installed it anyways and used the fix permissions utility and gmail now works. After that you have to go into your google account settings and make sure sync gmail is checked otherwise you will have to manually refresh. Sorry if this is a re-post.

Rom Manager supports the D3. Go to manual flash override, and select the d3