RELEASE... Black Market 2.3.4....

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Ok, installed it on the droid1 with my own update.zip, failburger, no market or black market. Gonna try it with the update.zip from here. Then I'll restore and check to see if my market updated without me knowing and go from there.

Sent from 1885

detox

Reaction score
Ok, installed it on the droid1 with my own update.zip, failburger, no market or black market. Gonna try it with the update.zip from here. Then I'll restore and check to see if my market updated without me knowing and go from there.

Sent from 1885

Was on market version 2.2.11 and installed this zip and is working beautifully on my d1. Installed overtop of current market

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Using this as notes in hopes I figure something out.

Upon restore, found that Market had updated when I opened it to update apps. So yay for me for replicating the problem in a controlled environment!

Went into settings, uninstalled updates, said unsuccessful and then couldn't open market anymore, so I rebooted. No Market of any kind in the drawer. Still a copy in system/app. Boot into recovery, install again with zip from OP. Nothing in the drawer or any app lists again. Verified by going into the Vending.apk in system/app that it is the black market. It is. Replaced it by dropping the PE5 market on top of it in root explorer and set permissions. Reboot. Market is back, 2.3.2. Double verified. Placed black market Vending.apk over the one now in system/app, set permissions, reboot. Nothing.

Top loaded ROM (PE5), market is back. Installing theme to bring market back to 2.3.3. More in a few.

Sent from 1885

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
After installing the theme, back to 2.3.3, my themed version. Installing BM 2.3.4 now...

BAM! Black Market is installed and fully operational. So here now is the procedure if you have problems with the Market disappearing after install. The reason the market causes so many headaches is because it autoinstalls the updates when you open the market, and you don't know until its too late. Stupid finicky program!

-Go to settings/apps/manage/all/market and uninstall updates, even if it fails you're good, since it kills the market anyway.
-Boot into recovery and Install your ROM "over the top" (meaning without wiping) [If you are running PE5, install the update to 5.0.2 as well)
-Boot and verify Market is in the app drawer, but DON'T OPEN IT. If its there, proceed, if not, start rebuilding from scratch or restore to a point where you have a working Market.
-Go into Titanium Backup and Freeze "Market Updater". This will (read: should) keep the market from auto-updating to new versions and prevent problems, but will not prevent you from updating apps. I tested this today.
-Go into settings/apps/manage/all/Market. If you have the option to uninstall updates, do so now. I did it at this point and was reverted back successfully to 2.3.2, which opened and worked fine, and didn't auto-update thanks to the TiBu fix above.
-Boot into recovery and install your theme (if you are using one) [If not installing a theme, proceed to the next step.
-Boot phone and verify the unthemed version of your market is there. If it is, proceed.
-Boot into recovery and install Black Market or your other themed Market 2.3.4. Wipe Dalvik-Cache (it's in Advanced) and Cache (NOT DATA!!) while you're in there.
-Boot. If Black Market (or other themed Market) is there, then you're all good.

If you found this helpful in getting your Market back, please consider clicking the button in my sig. Wifey was nagging me to go to sleep while I was working on this :biggrin:

Sent from 1885

Last edited:

sonnydroid

Reaction score
-Boot into recovery and Install your ROM "over the top" (meaning without wiping) [If you are running PE5, install the update to 5.0.2 as well)
-Boot and verify Market is in the app drawer, but DON'T OPEN IT. If its there, proceed, if not, start rebuilding from scratch or restore to a point where you have a working Market.
-Boot into recovery and install Black Market.
-Boot. If Black Market is there, then you're all good.
Sent from 1885

Followed your instructions but they did not work for me. No market nor black market... I wonder that went wrong. Gonna restore and give it one more try and see if it works.

Update: Restored and followed the exact steps again and still no luck. Oh well, thanks anyways.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
If you want to try one more thing... restore to where you have the market, then go into settings/apps/manage/all/market and hit uninstall updates. Then star with the rom top load.

Modified the instructions post to add this.

Sent from 1885

cujo6801

Reaction score
If you want to try one more thing... restore to where you have the market, then go into settings/apps/manage/all/market and hit uninstall updates. Then star with the rom top load.

Modified the instructions post to add this.

Sent from 1885
THANK YOU for the work you put in to help....I now have black mkt. again:biggrin:

sk8

Reaction score
Stetson. Does it matter what the previous market version is? When flashing one market over another?

sent from a sweet paper weight.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Yup so I DL-ed and flashed this last night. lol It's so sick and no problems in sight, great work! :D

sk8

Reaction score
sk8, just out of curiosity, what version are you currently running?
Running 2.2.6 with rubix 2.0.1 I've tryed flashing a bunch of different version with no luck. 2.2.6 2.2.7 2.2.11 2.3.2 and 2.3.4. Some load to varying degrees others cc and the most recent just disappear but the vending apk is in /system/app as you mentioned. I haven't tried your method of reflashing rom on top and reflashing the market.
Im thinking it has something more to do with rubix. Which is fine I just may have no black market for now.

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Here's a question for you... In your system/app folder is vending spelled Vending or vending? It IS case-sensitive.

sk8

Reaction score
Im not sure id have to reflash but I think it was Vending and not vending.