Regret updating to Kit Kat...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've had sooo many freeze ups and "App has stopped responding" messages since I updated a week ago. Anyone else experience this? Is there anything out there that can determine system conflicts without me having to go through every thing one at a time?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like those apps may not be compatible with the KK upgrade. Check and see if updates are available.

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well one of them is the Bank of America app, the other is Swipepad, and then occasionally the Play store itself will just freeze and close. Those are the main 3, though it might also now be causing problems with GoSMS. I did a FDR two weeks ago and have only put a handful of apps on there, mostly the basic stuff, and it's already freaking out.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmm you got the FDR done which is usually the first good step ...you are stock no mods ?

M8 tap'd

OP
k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Nope no mods, was using JB 4.3.3, then started having reception issues and thought it might be because JB was out of date. The reception issue is better, though I'm not convinced it was a JB/KK thing so much as a "needed to do a FDR" thing. However now I'm getting various force closes and freezes. Just can't win!!

I love smartphones, I do, but I swear there is some sort of conspiracy where they slowly start falling apart after about a year to force you to spend more money and upgrade.

Now where's that tin foil hat...

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I would try to reset your device using Samsung Kies 3! This will reprogram everything and since you have tried the FDR this is the next logical step! Remove your SDcard and SIM chips from the Phone and follow my tutorial in my sig if you need directions! ;)

You will be a much happier owner I can assure you!! ;)