Anyone else having issues with Swiftkey beta after Kit Kat update?

NWRULES

Reaction score
On Verizon,and received the kit kat update yesterday afternoon. Swiftkey has worked awesome when texting in the stock text app. Now, one day into the update, the texting is super laggy and just punching in a letter is making the text screen get huge, and it's inputting letters I'm not even choosing. Anyone else having this issue? Or has anyone heard of this.?

Last edited:

Danvee

Reaction score
Try clearing cache and data for SwiftKey. 99% certain fix.

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
Tried it. Still the same,super glitchy. Even uninstalled beta. Uninstalled the actual Swiftkey app and reinstalled it twice. Wow. This sucks. Can't hardly type this message. Switching back to LG stock keyboard. Lame. Guess I'll contact Swiftkey and see what they say. I'll post an update when I find out

mattjenn

Reaction score
I use swiftkey beta with no issues at all. My only issue with this update is auto brightness is really flaky.

Danvee

Reaction score
That might settle down after a few reboots....
Might also try disabling auto brightness, rebooting, then reenabling it.

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that after the update, you can pinch to zoom or minimize the text message screen? This seems to be a huge issue with the keyboard input on Swiftkey. It is thinking that I'm double tapping the screen and expanding , when in reality I'm just trying to input a letter. I'm curious to know if anyone has had an issue with this zoom feature for the text message app. Tried to look for a way to disable it, to no avail

devdeuce

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that after the update, you can pinch to zoom or minimize the text message screen? This seems to be a huge issue with the keyboard input on Swiftkey. It is thinking that I'm double tapping the screen and expanding , when in reality I'm just trying to input a letter. I'm curious to know if anyone has had an issue with this zoom feature for the text message app. Tried to look for a way to disable it, to no avail

I just tried it out, pinch to zoom works fine and double tapping does nothing, but i use the lg keyboard so it must have something to do with swiftkey

there is no spoon

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
I just tried it out, pinch to zoom works fine and double tapping does nothing, but i use the lg keyboard so it must have something to do with swiftkey

there is no spoon

Right on. Thanks for giving it a shot. Just confirms my theory about a bug within Swiftkey. I guess I'll wait till they address this in an update, hopefully sooner than later.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Right on. Thanks for giving it a shot. Just confirms my theory about a bug within Swiftkey. I guess I'll wait till they address this in an update, hopefully sooner than later.

Hi NWRULES
You might want to post the bug report on SwiftKey forum as well, or send the developer an email. It's been my experience that they're pretty responsive and appreciate knowing what issues people are having :)

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
Hi NWRULES
You might want to post the bug report on SwiftKey forum as well, or send the developer an email. It's been my experience that they're pretty responsive and appreciate knowing what issues people are having :)

I'll do that. Thank you

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
You're welcome :) If you don't mind, could you post back with any info you get, and let us know if the issue gets resolved for you?

You know it. Will definitely post something as soon as I find anything out.

OP
NWRULES

NWRULES

Reaction score
Ok, update. I literally went into settings and went into every single option there is and I think I finally found what's going on. If you go into settings, go into accessibility, and then go into "touch zoom" and turn it off. After doing that, I turned SwiftKey beta back on and for now, it looks like it is working without the screen going crazy. This seems to be the cause of the screen randomly zooming in when I was typing and entering crazy letters that I wasn't typing. I will alert SwiftKey of this and see what they say. Also, I'm curious as to see if anyone on here who hasn't had any issues with SwiftKey, has that touch zoom feature turned off already and just don't know it. And one more thing, was touch zoom on the phone before kit kat update? I wouldn't think it was because I've never had this problem ever. Anyways, hope this helps. It's a starting point

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
I don't have the same phone, and I don't have KitKat on mine yet, so I can't answer the other questions specifically, but just wanted to say that's awesome that you figured out what was causing your issue, and thanks for sharing what you found out. :)

Yeah, those accessibility options are a godsend for people with visual or motor impairment, but since I don't need them, I make sure they're off, unless a certain app requires one of the options to be turned on or something.

I don't know if updating to KitKat caused your zoom option in accessibility to be auto-checked, but I have heard people say that after an update that they discovered settings auto-checked when they hadn't been before the update. After an OS update on any of my devices I go through all settings and make sure everything is the way I want it, just because of that possibility.