FoxFi Free Wifi Tether Updated To Support Verizon Samsung Kit Kat phones!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
l-4T6YZMaYK0rorjB1YEs0GDI-KS6idirk1tSN-wBu1gCFeCLnLMmMvLlGoTh-RO_Q=w300

Kit Kat killed FoxFi Wifi Tether for Samsung Verizon phones. Today FoxFi has updated their app to fully support Samsung devices on the Verizon network that have received the Kit Kat 4.4 update. Devices that work include the Galaxy S5, S4, S3, and Galaxy Note 3, and Note 2. This does not fix issues on any other devices. However bluetooth and usb tethering should still work just fine. This app does not require root and does not modify your device in any way. It seems to use VPN to bypass the check. This will work on unlimited data packages. There is a free version of the app but it is limited. There is also a pro version that is unlimited.

Via Play Store

mykl376

Reaction score
Definitely worth the cost to go Pro with FoxFi. Devs like this need to be supported! Been using this since before there was a Pro version, on a Droid Bionic, before I got my S4.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Noticed the update today but didn't read the changelog. For those hesitant to upgrade to KitKat before because of this, don't hesitate anymore!

swc2001

Reaction score
Noticed the update today but didn't read the changelog. For those hesitant to upgrade to KitKat before because of this, don't hesitate anymore!
Well this is True.... but now all I that I need to make me jump to the Kitty Kat is Root and Safestrap. Any word on this?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not on 4.4 and it fixed the need for a work around on my Note2.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo

roboots21

Reaction score
Well this is True.... but now all I that I need to make me jump to the Kitty Kat is Root and Safestrap. Any word on this?

Currently you could get the NC2 update (early leak OTA) and go that route to keep root and SafeStrap. If you take the actual VZW OTA, currently there is still no root method from what I have seen.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Nice

I'd rather though just do a mod and use it w/out foxfi, since I love to be rooted.

swc2001

Reaction score
Currently you could get the NC2 update (early leak OTA) and go that route to keep root and SafeStrap. If you take the actual VZW OTA, currently there is still no root method from what I have seen.

Is this still the same? Still no Root method for 4.4.2 yet if you take the OTA?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk