kit kat update and battery drain

DJSD

Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing poor battery life after the kit kat update

Einsteindks

Reaction score
To be expected until the phone sorts it's new 'self' out. Give it a few days.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The only thing I really noticed is a huge change in the time my device is awake. But I think that was just a change in how accurate it is

Sent from my Droid Maxx

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have issues with my kernal running away..I've fdr'd a few times..it keeps coming back..but I let it go this last time and it settled down and battery usage got better..so just give it some time..

doogald

Reaction score

Poor battery life? No. Worse battery life? Yes. It's been a little better since the Play Services silent update last week (well, maybe two weeks ago), but it's still slightly worse than before.

donzz

Reaction score
Poor battery life? No. Worse battery life? Yes. It's been a little better since the Play Services silent update last week (well, maybe two weeks ago), but it's still slightly worse than before.
Exactly.

OP
D

DJSD

Reaction score

Do you think it will ever have the battery life that it once did? I love this phone mainly because if the battery...

lazuhrus

Reaction score
I had the Amazon MP3 app go berserk on me two days ago, took about 25% of my battery life in 3 hours, after I had purchased and downloaded a song. It's been behaving better since, but check for rogue apps.

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I'VE had a 25% battery drop off since the update. Also Slacker radio app comes on whenever it feels like it. Plus some other flaky behavior...If I had a chance to upgrade to kit kat again...I would not..

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I bet you your problem is kitkat incompatible apps that are draining your battery. Uninstall everything and your problem will vanish. Then you can reinstall one by one.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I bet you your problem is kitkat incompatible apps that are draining your battery. Uninstall everything and your problem will vanish. Then you can reinstall one by one.

Agreed. Back to normal for me.

obayda.bd

Reaction score

Yes....i after using kitkat on GS3 few days...it seems to me..that kitkat eats battery life more than jelly bean...so i have backed to...4.3.1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DJSD

Reaction score
Yes....i after using kitkat on GS3 few days...it seems to me..that kitkat eats battery life more than jelly bean...so i have backed to...4.3.1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

How do I revert back to jelly bean? There's still no improvement on the battery life