kit kat update and battery drain

doogald

Reaction score
How do I revert back to jelly bean? There's still no improvement on the battery life
If you are on the Droid Maxx, you cannot revert unless you have a Developer Edition and have unlocked the bootloader.

R

RETG

I bet you your problem is kitkat incompatible apps that are draining your battery. Uninstall everything and your problem will vanish. Then you can reinstall one by one.
Tried that, and it did not work. However, not too worried, still never drops below 40% in one day; where it never dropped below 60 prior to 4.4.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Kinda hard to let go of those old, favorite, no-longer-updated apps, eh? Thank goodness the NextGen tricorder still works...mostly.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
D

DJSD

Reaction score
Tried that, and it did not work. However, not too worried, still never drops below 40% in one day; where it never dropped below 60 prior to 4.4.

I talk, text, use the internet, and other applications throughout the day and I'm easily at 40% within 6 hours. Prior to this update, I could additionally stream music without it dropping below 40%.

R

RETG

I talk, text, use the internet, and other applications throughout the day and I'm easily at 40% within 6 hours. Prior to this update, I could additionally stream music without it dropping below 40%.
I use tracks a lot, but I'm forever going in and out of service when in the desert; that's where my drain comes from. But nothing has changed since the update in general usage, so I'll say it is due to the 4.4 update.

And to go along with that is this notice that the X is getting the 4.4.2 update now (wonder when we will get it?;)), and that is one of the problems that will be fixed with the newest version....
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...update-begins-improves-battery-life-more.html

Einsteindks

Reaction score
I'll keep root over upped battery life ANY day!

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

Reaction score
I agree coming from the maxx HD battery life is horrible

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

Reaction score
Here is my battery life and yea..... Not so good
ForumRunner_20140212_195826.png

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Firstpost
Motorola DROID MAXX Industry Leading Battery Just Got Better with KitKat 4.4.2
Mobile bloom News
droidmaxx You may recall that the Motorola Droid MAXX smartphone began to receive the Android 4.4 KitKat operating system earlier this year.

Reaction score
I remember but still my girls Samsung s3 get better battery life than my maxx that is sad

RAZRmax

Reaction score
My battery life is diminishing. I used to be able to come home from work after minimal use during the day with about 90% battery; today I'm down to 66% on an average day.

I have tried reboots and killing some apps.

All I did today was sone texting (maybe 6 texts) and the battery usage app shows texting as my primary power consumet today.

Something isn't right.

doogald

Reaction score
My battery life is diminishing. I used to be able to come home from work after minimal use during the day with about 90% battery; today I'm down to 66% on an average day.

I have tried reboots and killing some apps.

All I did today was sone texting (maybe 6 texts) and the battery usage app shows texting as my primary power consumet today.

Something isn't right.

While I get that - the same thing is happening to me - is it really a problem that you end a day with over 60% battery life left?

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Only that now I am down to 31% 3 hours later. Trying to drain it down some more then will charge overnight with it powered completely down