kit kat update and battery drain

RAZRmax

Reaction score
OK I'm at 90% now after work; that's after a powered-down overnight recharge via plugin charger (instead of my wireless charger that I use all the time).

So it definitely helped either improve the actual charge or the calibration of the meter.

BlueLions81

Reaction score
I'm not noticing any unusual battery drain, but I do notice the on battery stat isn't always accurate. For example yesterday it said my time on battery was 12hrs 32 minutes. It somehow lost 3 hours. It should've been 15 hrs and 32 minutes. This is the second time I've noticed this issue.

jfriend33

Reaction score
My battery lasts a normal amount of time. 2 or 3 days. 6-9 hrs screen on time. but I have this weird high usage by proximity sensor in the phone application according to better battery stats.

i thought it was due to an xposed framework module that I had set. flip to dismiss call or flip to mute. but it still happens.

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Mine has been doing much better since I killed some apps that did a lot of background updating. Also a couple of weeks ago I let the battery drain to about 20%, powered down, and did an overnight plugged-in charge ( normally only use my wireless charger).

Also, deleting sms (text) messages helps.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
My phone is stuck on the incomplete X-Mas leak of Jelly Bean that came out a long time ago, lol.

In your opinion, should I go through the hassle of fixing it and getting Kit Kat?