the s3 kit kat update may be canceled

daimien

Reaction score
Just for the record unless it comes from Samsung I tend not to belive in other sites information. Just my opion too many rumors and false information floating round our there.

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I got kit kat last night on my s3. Via CyanogenMod. Its actually pretty decent.

GMan.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got kit kat last night on my s3. Via CyanogenMod. Its actually pretty decent.
LOL - pretty sure they're discussing official updates, not custom ROM's :D I've also got 4.4.2 on my S3 via C-Rom 5.8

biglilome

Reaction score
well i'm not sure on the rumors as well but i hope kit kat update will be good hopefully..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There is a lot of speculation out there. This was reported yesterday.

Android-KitKat-S3.jpg

Android 4.4.2 is going to be rolled out in May on the following devices:

GT-I9300, GT-I9305, SHV-E210K, SHV-E210L, SHV-E210S, SGH-T999/L, SGH-I747, SGH-N064, SGH-N035, SCH-J021, SCH-R530, SCH-I535, SCH-S960L, SCH-S968C, SPH-L710, SCH-I939, SCH-S968C

These represent almost all of the Galaxy S3 devices in circulation but as far as the ones that have been left out, we do not know whether they have been forgotten or they won’t get the update at all. Some have used the excuse that the S3 cannot get the KitKat update due to having only 1GB of RAM onboard but according to Google, KitKat only needs 512MB in order to run which should not be a problem for a flagship phone which was released in 2012.

The lack of updates is due to the manufacturer of the phone preferring to focus on newer iterations of its lines and hoping that the consumer updates to a newer phone instead.
If your phone is on the above list, then you can rest assured that you will get KitKat, if not you should be worried and you should continue to check back for more news on the update. Once updates start rolling out, we will inform you so you can get your phone to look for an OTA manually.

Source: androidPit

biglilome

Reaction score
There is a lot of speculation out there. This was reported yesterday.

Android-KitKat-S3.jpg

Android 4.4.2 is going to be rolled out in May on the following devices:

GT-I9300, GT-I9305, SHV-E210K, SHV-E210L, SHV-E210S, SGH-T999/L, SGH-I747, SGH-N064, SGH-N035, SCH-J021, SCH-R530, SCH-I535, SCH-S960L, SCH-S968C, SPH-L710, SCH-I939, SCH-S968C

These represent almost all of the Galaxy S3 devices in circulation but as far as the ones that have been left out, we do not know whether they have been forgotten or they won’t get the update at all. Some have used the excuse that the S3 cannot get the KitKat update due to having only 1GB of RAM onboard but according to Google, KitKat only needs 512MB in order to run which should not be a problem for a flagship phone which was released in 2012.

The lack of updates is due to the manufacturer of the phone preferring to focus on newer iterations of its lines and hoping that the consumer updates to a newer phone instead.
If your phone is on the above list, then you can rest assured that you will get KitKat, if not you should be worried and you should continue to check back for more news on the update. Once updates start rolling out, we will inform you so you can get your phone to look for an OTA manually.

Source: androidPit

thanks for sharing. quite informative!