Refurbished? By whom?.. Monkeys?

aaronmcc11

Every refurbished D1 they send me is junk.. I'm on droid number 3 after my original got loose in the headphone jack area. 2nd had small dust particles literally colonizing UNDER the glass. 3 times the charm? Nope.. Could barely even slide it open it was so messed up. I could turn the screen at about a 10 degree angle to the keypad.. Soo, lucky number four is on it's way. I've rooted and unrooted all of em.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
The one I got is fine, other than a loose USB port -- and it's not THAT loose, just looser than the one I had first that had fallen on the plugged-in USB cable a couple times... But it works fine and is tight as a drum elsewhere.

The CPU won't take LV kernels, though. Shame. My old one would run 1.2ULV kernels.

hotkoko

Yeah, that's [not right]. We pay for new phones initially, and when it breaks, even though we have insurance on it, they give us some one else's used phone. That's not right at all

Sent from my DROID PRO

[Mod edit: Please watch the language]

Last edited by a moderator:

kptphalkon

Hey, they only make so many of these things and it's a couple months shy of being a year and a half old....that is almost ancient in tech years.

I am not surprised that supply has gone down to refurb'd models

I kill threads

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Welcome to the club. Although I had wonderful luck with my D1....I have been through 7 or 9 D2's....all of them with their own flaws.

fishfood

After my wife's third failed replacement they gave her an early upgrade... you should consider that if you're not content with #5...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App