How/why to make your own Motorola "Factory Cable"

Discussion in 'Droid Labs' started by MotoCache1, May 9, 2011.

1. ageelg

ageelg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worked for me as well thanks !!!!!!!!!

Love you guys , I made my own cable and it worked just long enough to unlock. after that, the crappy soldering job fell apart but my Xoom is back to normal.

::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Have a look at my cable
    Fixed my Xoom ! | Facebook

2. kingskintim

kingskintim New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    dude you are the MAN!

I had really bricked my UK WiFi Xoom - it would instatly come up with loading RSD and a LNX 000x2 error - adb couldnt see it, fastboot couldnt see it, I plugged in my cable and "der duh" - it was recognised. I rebooted using the P-up method, clicked down and got into fast boot thingy where I was able to re-enable unlock, and flash teh motorola image form the website

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

3. pistacio

pistacio Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The color of said wire is brown... works great!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. sunnyscp

sunnyscp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ooo my God it's work,hello everyone,i'm from indonesia.i just unbrick my motorola with this cable.thanks a lot moto.....it's workkkkk.

5. tritran18518

tritran18518 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you buy that Mini-to-Micro usb ? I bought mine, but it has only wires ( red-white-black-green), none of them is brown

6. sunnyscp

sunnyscp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm not use Mini-to-Micro usb (i don't find it in indonesia),i just use standart micro usb.if you don't find Mini-to-Micro USB adapter cable (SKN6252) you can use standart micro usb.there is 5 pin and 4 cable (red-green-black-white),just connect red cable with none pin (there is 1 pin not use/not connect with any cable),use another cable to connect it with solder.
    i'm sorry my english bad,haha..but i'm glad if everybody solved with this problem.

Attached Files:

7. tritran18518

tritran18518 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i bought the motorola mini-to-micro usb, however, when i cut it off, there were only 4 wires in it, not 5.

8. sunnyscp

sunnyscp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know about Motorola mini to micro usb,because i'm not use that cable.I use stand art micro usb (just like in the picture).and just only 4 cable,not 5.no cable brown,you can make your own cable like me,its work.first my pc not recognise the device,but I try another usb port,and viola...my pc recognise n install the usb driver automatic,and then just run 'fastboot oem unlock'.
    Note : if your cable work,your screen XOOM must be on when you plug in your cable to your pc,and must be off when you unplug your cable.

9. rperkins

rperkins New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just had to say thanks a lot. Was able to get my droidx back up without going on a search for a charged battery.

As far as different cables not having all the needed wires, I took a razor blade and cut the rubber molding off of the plugs and soldered straight to the terminals. got a sh!tty pic taken with the webcam on my laptop. 2011-10-29-130952.jpg

10. pwnwolf117

pwnwolf117 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    htc version

does anybody here know if htc has a similar cable or if this would work with an htc phone? im tempted to try it and see but i dont have much practice in that type of thing :/ and the site is out of stock.. at the very least moto do u know if this could really hurt my phone if htc doesnt use a cable like this?
    also wanna say that moto thats an amazing job u did with this thread, i have a feeling u saved countless phones! your one great man! keep up the good work its definitely appreciated
    thanks in advance, and i hope u all had a really great christmas!

11. frankyvee

frankyvee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK guys, I bought the Motorola Mini-to-Micro USB adapter cable (SKN6252) and wired everything with same colors. I tied the extra line (blue wire to line 1 (+5volt). However; the cable does not work for me. Can anyone that has done this with the SKN6252 adapter tell what I'm doing wrong. I have attached a screen shot of my work to see if someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
    MotoProgCable1.jpg

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. Turns out the SKN6252 adapter I received does not match the color code. So I used a multi-meter to get the correct pin-out for this plug. I had to solder a sewing needle to one of the probes on my multimeter to be able to make contact with the pins in the micro adapter.

I finally got it to work using the wire map below. Like I said my adapter had a blue extra wire and not the brown one as posted above.

Here is what I came up with: This was tested on an old Droid1 that I don't use anymore. I pulled the battery and it powered up after connecting it to my computer's USB port. I also tested for data line connectivity by being able to browse my sd card from windows explorer. Also SBF or now called FastBoot mode works perfect with Motorola's RSD lite program. RSD Lite sees the device in programing mode with the battery pulled out. I'm now ready, let the bricking begin!!!!

From the Micro Adapter ------to-------> USB A

Green & White --------------------------> Red
    Blue ------------------------------------> White
    Red ------------------------------------> Green
    Black -----------------------------------> Black

Thank god for multi-meters, I was about to give up. Below is a screen shot of the final product.

MotoProgCable3.jpg Literally wrapping up the project. Here is the final product. ------> MotoProgCable4.jpg

If you get this same connector and decide you want to connect your wires at the connecter then the diagram below may help soldering the correct wires to the pins:

Pin Out viewed as oriented in the image below:

microplug.jpg

12. skynet13

skynet13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if i do this cable and my motorola Atrix 4G is giving me this screen "Failed to boot" "Entering NVFlash mode" quickly before shutting back down, i could unbrick it ? answer me fast please...

Search tags for this page
atrix factory cable
factory cable
factory cable motorola
how to make a motorola factory cable
micro usb pinout
micro usb schematic
moto factory cable

motorola factory cable

motorola factory programming cable
pinout micro usb