How/why to make your own Motorola "Factory Cable"

Discussion in 'Droid Labs' started by MotoCache1, May 9, 2011.

1. frankyvee

frankyvee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like you have power and this cable is maininly for when your phones battery is dead and you need to SBF or fastboot with no battery life left.... So the cable does not matter in your case since your battery has power you can use any usb cable. This cable is more for new Moto Razr because we can not pull or replace the battery if it is dead.

2. skynet13

skynet13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    but i fully charge my battery but now when i turn it on the same screen appears then goes out... maybe if i try this factory cable could work and that way i could unbrick this phone... i just need to figure it out how to unbrick this atrix...

3. karait95

karait95 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    unbrick RAZR XT910

I have done this !

I unbrick my RAZR XT910 by generating the Factory Cable, really I can not believe it but it is true and I cant say thanks enough to all who help with the comments and posts !

I am back into the matrix !

4. chethammer

chethammer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fastboot cable

I would like to say that it took me all darn day (half really, but it sounds more extreme) to make this cable. The micro USB end is so unbelievably tiny. I used a dremel to bare the 4th contact and that worked pretty well. I messed up two cables before I figured out the method that worked for me. I even had the "helping hands" to hold the microUSB and the wire while i soldered. It took a little finessing when I put it into the phone, but when the computer dinged and the phone switched to "battery OK" I learned what MotoCache meant by it felt better than when He picked his first lock. Only for me "lock" was a euphimism for something entirely different!

Droid forums across the internet are the best in the world. BAR NONE!

5. Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone used this method? I bought a 5-pack of the adapters (SKN6252, 5 in case I screwed up a couple lol) and they only have 4 wires in the cable, so I'm back to doing it the original way... Maybe Moto got cheap and quit putting the 5th wire in?

Edit: Just saw the post above by frankyvee... so apparently moto got cheap as his had the fifth wire.

Edit again: did it the hard way, works perfectly :) thanks for a great writeup!

6. dhayman11

dhayman11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used the method from the OP and it was much easier than I anticipated. Using the original micro cable, which does on have four wires, but if you have another cable to throw away you can cut a piece from that. I simply cut the red wire and soldered a bridge from that point to the only open pin (pin 4). Only took about an hour or so to do.
    2012-04-01_19-46-46_966.jpg 2012-04-01_19-47-00_929.jpg
    2012-04-01_22-07-05_96.jpg 2012-04-01_22-08-11_366.jpg
    2012-04-03_23-39-55_373.jpg

7. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +216
    can someone link me to cable ends only

8. H3ADSHOT

H3ADSHOT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG MotoCache1 you are my hero i Bricked this the other day trying to install the newest leak and forgot to check the battery level Took a couple of hours and two cords to get it right but it did the trick BIG PROPS TO YOU THANK YOU.:hail:[h=1][/h]

9. ruckartj

ruckartj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did I just get unlucky? I ordered that exact sku, received it today, cut off the mini end and only have 4 wires, red, black, green and white!! argh!!! I have killed about 4 micro cables now trying to make this cable.

10. dhayman11

dhayman11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I only had four wires in mine and it worked fine. I just cut an extra piece of cable, stripped a section of the power cable (it was red in mine) and soldered the extra piece to the open port on one end, and to the stripped portion of the power cable on the other end. Best of luck.

11. fireisfun

fireisfun New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know where I can just buy one? I am lazy.

12. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +216
Search tags for this page
atrix factory cable
factory cable
factory cable motorola
how to make a motorola factory cable
micro usb pinout
micro usb schematic