Reflashing Verizon Droid back to Verizon

Zipnapa

Reaction score
Hello,

I am relatively new to this and need some help. I have a Verizon Droid that has been flashed over to Cricket. How can I get this back over to Verizon? I was told by one person that I have to reflash it over to Verizon, another person told me I would have to reroot the phone itself and possibly face turning it into a brick. I couldn't seem to get a straight answer anywhere. At this point the phone is useless so I am willing to try anything I need to to get it working on my Verizon plan. Thank you all in Advance for your help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless the phone has a bad ESN, and it might, I don't see why Verizon would have an issue activating this phone.

Have you contacted Verizon directly about this? We aren't going to be able to help you much when it comes to Cricket. That's not what we focus on in here.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zipnapa

Reaction score
I went to a Verizon store and they did not attempt to activate it. The saleswoman I spoke to was the one who told me that I should try and reroot it. If this is not something that is normally discussed here, do you have any suggestions on where I can look for assistance? I figured someone in the forums would have experience or knowledge of what I need to do. Thanks for your help.

OP
Z

Zipnapa

Reaction score
I should add that I didn't think they were being too helpful because I am not under contract anymore with them and they were pushing me to upgrade to a new Droid and a new 2 year contract.

Reaction score
Some reps honestly don't know how to flash back to Verizon, because even if you didn't sign a contract, they are still going to get credit for your account.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Z

Zipnapa

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I will check that out when I get home from work today. If anyone else has other suggestions I am completely open to them.

Droids

Reaction score
Been thinking more about this and I'm pretty sure if you were to revert the operating system back to 100% stock, that may be enough to do it. Easy to do by applying a single update file, read here -> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ck-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

If that alone doesn't do it, then you may also need to flash a new baseband on it (I don't remember right off if the above file includes a baseband, it might)
You can get the latest baseband here -> Peter Alfonso

Let us know how it goes...