Razr flash back to Verizon

rlockwich

Reaction score
Hey what's up, I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anybody could help me.

I actually flashed this phone myself to cricKet with the help of chrisrngod on another cricket forum, us together we flashed it, and took a long time. However, I started a verizon account cause I want stability and 4G LTE. I was thinking about just booting into recovery menu and wiping everything. I was also told by my friend, a owner of cell flashing stores in pittsburgh, that I shoud enable RUIM again and revert everything in qpst back to @vzw3g.com

Anybody that can provide and help me with a %100 known successful way to revert it back to big red, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

dillont

Reaction score
Wiping data/cache in recovery will delete all the apps, data on the phone (not Sdcard), etc. but will not undue the changes you made to the phone when you flashed it to get it to work on cricket. This fastboot file is the original verizon stock firmware. After you flash this file through RSD lite your phone will be exactly the way that it was when it was brand new out of the box. Any changes you made to it by flashing the cricket files will be erased and you will be able to use it with your verizon account.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wiping data/cache in recovery will delete all the apps, data on the phone (not Sdcard), etc. but will not undue the changes you made to the phone when you flashed it to get it to work on cricket. This fastboot file is the original verizon stock firmware. After you flash this file through RSD lite your phone will be exactly the way that it was when it was brand new out of the box. Any changes you made to it by flashing the cricket files will be erased and you will be able to use it with your verizon account.

Dillont, that was my first impression as well, but I got to thinking about the radio software changes that flashing to Cricket does, so just for my understanding, will the Fastboot also make the reversions back to the original radio settings mentioned above? I mean, the ROM is being replaced - yes, but are the radio portions of the phone's software also incorporated in that Fastboot? Not disagreeing, simply asking. I was considering putting a phone on Cricket for my son, but was hesitant in taking the plunge for the very same reason as the OP. Thanks.

dillont

Reaction score
I know in the past I have used Verizon SBF files to flash back to froyo from different GB updates that ran on different radios than FROYO 2.2 so i am pretty sure that the Verizon files revert the phone back to the original radio. I guess I don't really know anything about Cricket though and what changes are involved in flashing your phone to Verizon to cricket, so maybe flashing the fastboot file wouldn't be enough

OP
R

rlockwich

Reaction score
Okay so I booted into recovery mode and wiped data/cache through there, and when that was finished I did a factory data reset just to double that up. I then went into qpst and reverted the NV items back to Verizon, along with changing the NAI profiles back to @vzw3g.com. Then I went into CDMA WS and changed the PRL back to Verizon and changed the NV-Only back to R-UIM. Completely back to Verizon wireless. Thanks.