Help flashing a rooted Razr Maxx

kyutiger74

Reaction score
I got my Razr Maxx rooted (BW_version.6.12.211.Spyder.deodex) and I took it to a cell phone store and they wouldn't able to flash it over to cricket. I took it to the cricket store and they told me that the com ports don't come up on their flashing drivers. Can someone help me please?

Thanks,
Mike

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I know that flashing VZW phones to Cricket are typically not very successful, usually having one or more ongoing problems. Best of luck.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Cricket is a contract-free cellular carrier that essentially buys time on the Verizon towers and sells it to cellular customers on a "pay as you go" plan. They're a lot cheaper but getting a top-end phone on their system is very difficult as you have to flash a custom rom and radios from Cricket to use it on their system. There are plenty of people who claim they can successfully flash a Cricket rom onto the RAZRs, but from my research in almost every case something doesn't work right, leaving the phone handicapped.

They do have some nice phones, including the HTC One V and the Huawei Ascend II, but if you want a RAZR, you have to root and flash.

http://www.mycricket.com/?CMP=AFC-Google09&cm_mmc=afc-_-google-_-k186085-_-Skimlinks

Last edited:

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cricket is a contract-free cellular carrier that essentially buys time on the Verizon towers and sells it to cellular customers on a "pay as you go" plan. They're a lot cheaper but getting a top-end phone on their system is very difficult as you have to flash a custom rom and radios from Cricket to use it on their system. There are plenty of people who claim they can successfully flash a Cricket rom onto the RAZRs, but from my research in almost every case something doesn't work right, leaving the phone handicapped.

They do have some nice phones, including the HTC One V and the Huawei Ascend II, but if you want a RAZR, you have to root and flash.

Cell Phone Plans | Cell Phones | Cell Phone Service Companies | Cricket Wireless

You HAVE to root and flash?? :icon_eek: That's something new and different LOL

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, it's not a signed ROM from Motorola, so it won't flash with the Recovery Update process, at least that's my understanding. It may be flashable via RSD Lite, but that's again something I am not totally familiar with.