Recently Orphaned - Looking For New ROM

52brandon

Reaction score
But if you install the kernel before you install the theme, it won't work because the kernel accidentally fills up the system partition with debugging symbols that were supposed to be removed, but P3 forgot to. Still, the new kernel is way smoother than the stock kernel. Can't wait till tomorrow for 0.7.0 and the redid kernel.

Did you theme first and then install the kernel?
aaaahhhhh... yeah I did. That makes sense now

jayman350

Reaction score
what happened with team chaos?

basically, in a word... life happened to TC. Bgill55 had to leave so he could dedicate more time to his family. Adrenalyn had some family issues to attend to. Hedney is going to college in the fall and won't have the time to dedicate to the roms.

So 3 key members of Team Chaos had to leave to deal with much more important things. It sucks for us b/c they were doing some really great things..... but this is a phone we are talking about here and they have to take care of more important things.

I'm another TC orphan. I was using their rom as my DD since almost the very beginning. I've been playing around w/ Sapphire as well as Kangerade from Jrummy.

Both are nice roms, although i did get thrown into a random boot loop last night while running Sapphire. I had been running fine for most of the day using ChevyNo1's LV 1.2GHz froyo kernel and then all of a sudden the phone got real hot and just started rebooting. I'm going to do a fresh install this morning and hopefully have a stable sapphire rom again.

wingdo

Reaction score
I'd stick with the kernel included in the ROM until 0.7.0 hits today with the custom P3 kernels. The loops are probably an issue with the Chevy1 1.2 kernel.

ocholoco

Reaction score
With the dismantling of Team Chaos, I was feeling a little abandoned. I've been wandering around DF the last couple of weeks wondering which ROM to switch to and for some reason when Sapphire was announced here on DF, I didn't think it was Froyo.

3. Last is the lack of themes. I downloaded and installed a smoked glass theme, but I may have grabbed the wrong one. Because nothing changed. I see you have a contest going on and I imagine new themes will be coming soon.

Anyway, I'm no longer an orphan. I found a new ROM. I Look forward to hanging at the Team CVPCS forum.

Mike

another TC orphan here, about to check sapphire out. from what i've read it looks promising. also i think roberj has some sapphire themes in ROM manager. his purple passion may replace my need for bgill's purple rain :)

about to go flash both now