Can I load Sapphire 1.0 from ROM Manager?

sranger

Reaction score
I am fairly new to the rooted Droid. I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else...( I promise I did look... )

I have FGR22 loaded on my system. I have the latest ROM Manager installed. It seems to be able to download Sapphire 1.0 and the associated google apps, kernels, etc. I read where it is preferred to do a factory reset before you load Sapphire. If I use ROM manager to download and install Sapphire, will I get the option to do a factory rest in the clockwork recovery?

Or can I load through ROM Manager and then do a factory reset?

Thanks...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
U can use Rom Manager if you want problems. There is about 20 active threads right now, all describing loss of custom recovery and/or bootloops after using RM.
But, if u must....

BTW, I suggest doing it manually from clockwork or flashing SPRecovery and doing from there.

captdroid

Reaction score
I am fairly new to the rooted Droid. I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else...( I promise I did look... )

I have FGR22 loaded on my system. I have the latest ROM Manager installed. It seems to be able to download Sapphire 1.0 and the associated google apps, kernels, etc. I read where it is preferred to do a factory reset before you load Sapphire. If I use ROM manager to download and install Sapphire, will I get the option to do a factory rest in the clockwork recovery?

Or can I load through ROM Manager and then do a factory reset?

Thanks...

Yes you will get the option to factory reset and the option to back your existing ROM in ROM manager after download and before install. I did it last night and worked just dandy. I installed using the default theme which I think is suggested and then go back later and install another theme if you want. I picked the 1000lv (125) kernel during install.

I used WIFI connection instead of 3G

In ROM manager after the Sapphire download (make sure you select gapps also) select a kernel, then select option to factory reset and the option to backup your existing ROM. After that it will boot into clockworkmod recovery and backup your existing ROM then factory reset then install Sapphire :)

You can choose the option to just backup your existing ROM in ROM manager main menu before doing the above if you want then when it reboots do Sapphire install via ROM manager.

Check the screen at all times to see what it's doing :)

The Physician

Reaction score
I installed via Rom Manager and have had absolutely 0 problems. I recommend using it over other options.

jayman350

Reaction score
There have been issues with the newer versions of Clockwork Recovery. I have been using 2.0.1.3 without any issues. You can find it under "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" at the very bottom of the RM home screen.

You should always d/l roms through wifi instead of 3g. If you have any data that is sent or received, drop 3g coverage (even for a second), or if someone calls you while you are attempting a d/l, you risk having it corrupted. The 3g signal just isn't consistent enough, by using wifi, you avoid any of those problems.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
The most recent "stable" clockwork (2.5.0.1) hasn't given me any problems, and Sapphire 1.0 installed flawlessly using it. Clockwork hasn't been updated in a while.

As long as you back up, if you run into problems with RM you can do it over and manually install in recovery.

kevdog

Reaction score
Well Im in the camp that RM wouldn't install it for me. In fact I couldn't even boot into recovery after RM prompted me after the download to boot into recovery to complete the installation. Frankly I'm really sick of RM. SPRecovery might be old, not that sexy, but frankly it just works for me. (That of course and the download links which are a godsend.). Speaking of SPRecovery, what ever happened to Sir Psychos anyway?

captdroid

Reaction score
Well Im in the camp that RM wouldn't install it for me. In fact I couldn't even boot into recovery after RM prompted me after the download to boot into recovery to complete the installation. Frankly I'm really sick of RM. SPRecovery might be old, not that sexy, but frankly it just works for me. (That of course and the download links which are a godsend.). Speaking of SPRecovery, what ever happened to Sir Psychos anyway?

I read on droidmod.org Sir Psychos was back working on a new version of SPrecovery.