Installed Sapphire 1.0 - Where's my Gmail & Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmicallef

Reaction score
Installed Sapphire 1.0 - Where's my Gmail & Market Also Gem Settings crashes

I did not wipe data or cache, I installed ultimate Droid 6 (Froyo) and Bugless without wiping everything was good with them except screen would blank out after closing Browser or camera.

Sapphire doesn't blank out but I lost some important apps and when Markets is one of those apps its hard to load up the rest.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, please wipe data and cache before install in order to really eliminate any major issues.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks, Can I d/l them via computer?

Yes, see release page on main sapphire site.

Thanks, but too many bugs, Going back to BB

Like what...? You never posted any questions at all...

Also, before you go saying it's because the market is missing, it's because google wants its apps to be packaged separately from roms so that people know that those apps are the google experience. Cyanogen even got a C&D letter over it.

I am positive that any bug you had was probably an oversight or easily fixed.

Sent from my Droid

shaneo40

Reaction score
Just installed Sapphire do not understand how to install gapps without astro or some other file explorer. Please help.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You install it as a .zip.

shaneo40

Reaction score
I understand iinstalling it as a .zip. But how do I rename it if I can't see it?

P.S. I do not have a desktop.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand iinstalling it as a .zip. But how do I rename it if I can't see it?

Oh, and by the sounds of it you are using SPR? If so, then you are kinda out of luck. If you could find a way to download astro or another file manager through the browser and install it, then you could rename it, but otherwise without a desktop, your only option is ROM Manager (though I hate to suggest it to someone with a computer...).

Sent from my Droid

shaneo40

Reaction score

Oh, and by the sounds of it you are using SPR? If so, then you are kinda out of luck. If you could find a way to download astro or another file manager through the browser and install it, then you could rename it, but otherwise without a desktop, your only option is ROM Manager (though I hate to suggest it to someone with a computer...).

Sent from my Droid

Thank you Tank. Will try that. Otherwise I can do til morning and I have a computer handy. Thanks again for the quick replies.

mjones73

Reaction score
You can use Rom Manager to temporarily install clockworkmod recovery, reboot into recovery, install your gapps.zip then use RM to flash SPR back if CWM bothers you that much.

If you'd rather use SPR, you should be able to use Astro to rename the gapps file to update.zip and move it to the root of your SD card. Reboot manually into recovery and install it that way.

Personally I know there's been issues with CWM disappearing on rom installs in the past, haven't seen it happen in awhile though. When I did lose it it was simple as flashing it back via RM. In the mean time it makes life easier when you can install a zip without needing to rename it update.zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.