Sapphire error from ROM manager. Suggestions?

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Hey all I am trying to download the new Sapphire build from ROM Manager but during the install I keep getting an installation aborted error???? I have been using Clockwork and ROM Manager since it came out with little to no problems. I have tried installing and uninstalling ROM manager and using an older version of Clockwork all to no avail. Plus other ROMs install still with no difficulty at all. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!!! Thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

triplecrown

Reaction score
You have to roll back clockwork recovery to 2.0.1.3.....I had the same problem too but I installed that older clockwork version and it went off without a hitch.

captdroid

Reaction score
You have to roll back clockwork recovery to 2.0.1.3.....I had the same problem too but I installed that older clockwork version and it went off without a hitch.

Yea clockwork version 2.0.1.3 works. The latest version of clockwork has problems.

Reaction score
Wow I thought I was the only one and decided to stick with TC 2.1 until 2.2 officially came out. Glad to know the solution. I know what I am doing tonight.dancedroid

OP
DroidHoff

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the help! That seemed to do the trick although I am having MAJOR issues with the touch screen since the install. My screen will barely register a touch and is very very jumpy when holding a touch on it by selecting an app. I had to go back to Cyans latest just to make my phone functional again:( is anybody else having these issues? If so is there a fix? As mentioned earlier I am using ROM MANAGER, maybe I should download from the cvpcs page....

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the help! That seemed to do the trick although I am having MAJOR issues with the touch screen since the install. My screen will barely register a touch and is very very jumpy when holding a touch on it by selecting an app. I had to go back to Cyans latest just to make my phone functional again:( is anybody else having these issues? If so is there a fix? As mentioned earlier I am using ROM MANAGER, maybe I should download from the cvpcs page....

I would do that AND wipe all partitions before installing (you can skip sd card).

symdev88

Reaction score
I see a lot of errors with people using ROM manager. I think you are much better off using SPRecovery. just my 2 cents.

Skull One

Reaction score
I see a lot of errors with people using ROM manager. I think you are much better off using SPRecovery. just my 2 cents.

And I see more errors with people using SPRecovery because they don't realize they need to do 3 independent reboots and installs to get the ROM, Theme and Kernel installed vs using one reboot and install all three during that recovery session.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

And I see more errors with people using SPRecovery because they don't realize they need to do 3 independent reboots and installs to get the ROM, Theme and Kernel installed vs using one reboot and install all three during that recovery session.

You don't need to reboot to do multiple installs in SPR, you just need to mount usb storage in between and rename the files.

symdev88

Reaction score

I'm not saying rom mgr isn't convient. I'd rather have to take a little longer to do something AND have it right, then to take a shortcut and not have it right.

Ryan57ford

Reaction score
Hey I figured out the same problem you are having yesterday...

Do you get a status 7 error? To fix that go into rom manager and flash recovery 2.0.1.3 or earlier and it will work... Something does not place nice with the newest Recovery loaded.

(scroll to the bottom of rom manager and that is where it will let you flash older recoveries.)

** Nevermind, noticed it was already answered... carry on!**

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Ok, another before you do that......

Did you have your phone plugged into a charger while you were having those problems?

In the past, I always had mine plugged in while playing with roms. After loading SS.4, I noticed the same things, and it turned out the phone/rom combo didn't like that particular charger. Other chargers showed no effects, that one however had the screen jumping all over and wouldn't register a tap/push 90% of the time....

Just a thought.

FYI, I've had no issues with Sapphire and any of my chargers!

OP
DroidHoff

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Alright installed and functioning perfectly! I decided to download the ROM clean from cvpcs webpage and install using Clockwork 2.0.1.3 I think it was. Manually wiped all that I needed and installed 1 item at a time and presto. I appreciate all the ideas and suggestions from everybody and my phone is ridiculous now! CVCPS you rock!