Installing 0.8.4 error

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by dr2ww62, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    EXACTLY!! Damn I hate seeing ppl diss a great thing. I'm sure the dev would thank you very much for the support.

2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And it seems like they are getting back into the swing of things, and are saying that after their 2.2 ROM is released in the next week or two, they are planning on working on SPR again.

3. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    Great to hear :D although I can't see how they'd need to improve on it!

@ the OP...I'm glad you got it all worked out.

4. Mikejl

Mikejl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Eliminating the need to rename all ROM's/Kernel's/Theme's "update.zip" and allowing the install of a ROM from anywhere on the SD Card and not just from the root would worthwhile improvements.

Mike

5. cvhovey

cvhovey Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that tip ... after downloading, redownloading, re-redownloading, and Googling on what the heck Error 7 meant, glad to see this. And install went well ... at last ... after going back to 2.0.1.3! dancedroid

6. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Because I prefer CW, have never had an issue with it until today, and because it was a big pain to rename three files to update.zip when I'm used to not having to do so.

I find it sad that somehow I'm criticized for using the tool of my choice because others have had problems.

7. sniffle

sniffle Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I use cw, cvp uses spr... its a matter of preference... that's all...

:)

Main reason I use cw is because of people that use rommanager, if there is an ssue I will have ran into it before they have and announced to other cw users what the fix is so they can relay that info as well :) I try anyway :p

8. dr2ww62

dr2ww62 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I would love to support SPR for everything its given us but I have to give props to CW too for innovative features to a core functional tool. I could care less about rom manager other than an easy way to flash new versions of SPR/CW. Never use it for downloading or installing roms, but that's just my personal preference.

I think that's what open source is all about. Its about giving respect to those who innovate and being proud when others improve upon or take your ideas different directions. I love all the options available to Android and that we aren't locked into some restrictive tool some business exec chose because it looked best on his bottom line.

So keep up the good work all you who make Android awesome! I may or may not always use your tool, but your ideas will live on in my cache forever..... ;) (well, actually not because I wipe it everytime I flash a new rom, but it sounded good)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk