1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem flashing Sapphire 0.8.4 Please Help!!

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by DiGi91, Jul 24, 2010.

1. DiGi91

DiGi91 New Member

So I was on Sapphire 0.8.4 and it was working great but I decided to try out the new froyo leak FRG01 and then early this morning I decided I was going to go back to Sapphire and flash the alternate black theme. So I load up my sd card with all the needed zips (Sapphire, Gapps, Theme, Kernel, etc) and I'm all ready to flash this and then I start and it I get an error

(assert failed: !less-than-int(1277333704, getprop("ro.build.date.utc))
    E: error in /sdcard/sapphire-0.8.4-update.zip (status 7) Installation aborted

I have downloaded Sapphire over 4 times now and I really don't understand why it's not working

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- DiGi
  2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

You have to roll back to Clockwork 2.0.1.3 or flash sprecovery for it to flash. All later clockworks do not work.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. DiGi91

DiGi91 New Member

Thanks, I'm currently in the process of restoring one of my Sapphire nandroids.
  4. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

Yep, I had this exact issue. It was indeed my newer clockwork. I reflashed SPRecovery and it went flawlessly. The guys in #CVPCS on irc are a huge help. Thanks again guys!
  5. Tanknspank

In rom manager if you scroll down to the bottom and select all clockwork recoveries it has 2.0.1.3 still in there along with a lot older and newer versions too.

6. DiGi91

DiGi91 New Member

Yeah I got it now, thanks guy I had to restore the nandroid just b/c I already had RM downloaded and other **** so it saved time! :)
  7. Tanknspank

Well glad you got it working :)

8. Duhman

Duhman New Member

I have installed it using the newer clockwork recoveries, but I had to pull the updater-script file out of the update.zip file then edit it by deleting the line w/ the assert that keeps failing.. it is similar to this:

assert(!less_than_int(1277837854, getprop("ro.build.date.utc")));

then save the edited updater-script and drag it back into the update.zip, overwriting the original one. Save the update.zip and install via Clockwork recovery.

Definitely not the preferred way to do it, but it can be done if you don't want to keep flashing different recoveries.

Why exactly is that check needed/required? TIA
  9. szabogi

szabogi New Member

Thanks much for this tip about modifying the updater-script. This could not have been any easier and took 5 minutes. Here are some screen shots in case this might help anyone running Windows.

Location of the updater-script. It's just a plain text file. Drag it out of Winzip and open it with notepad.

[​IMG]

Remove line #2 so that the file looks like this. Then save it, drag it back into Winzip in the location depicted in the first screenshot. WinZip takes its sweet time re-compressing so be patient. Might take 1-5 minutes depending on the strength of your PC.

[​IMG]

Once done, put the .zip file out in the root directory of your SDCard and use ROM Manager to install it.
Search tags for this page

assert failed: !less than int(*, getprop(ro.build.date.utc)